• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 2/23 - 2/26 Storm Discussion Thread

Greg

Staff member
Seriously! Needs to cool down a bit first. I do see some pink on that map. It'll be interesting to see what we wake up to tomorrow AM.

We're evaporational cooling as we speak. Down to 36 here.

zyk

Dropped about 2 inches here so far (n/nw of catskills)...

ZYDECORICH

Hope you guys get a good amount up there... was looking at a trip to Okemo maybe next week.The local NY weather guys down here are saying that the thursday into friday storm may really be a big monster. they have that scared look in their eye again. VooDoo Lady stir the pot!:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

Greg

Staff member
32F here this morning and close to 2" down. Not snowing ATTM.

Euler

Snowing very lightly in SoVT. Ground is "skim coated". I'm like a kid on christmas eve wondering if I'll get a present of 2 feet of snow by Friday or a lump of coal in the form of 2 inches of snow and a bunch of rain/fog/crap. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Glenn

Snowing very lightly in SoVT. Ground is "skim coated". I'm like a kid on christmas eve wondering if I'll get a present of 2 feet of snow by Friday or a lump of coal in the form of 2 inches of snow and a bunch of rain/fog/crap. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm with you Euler! I've got my fingers crossed..and I'll be doing a SoVT snowdance from CT. With any luck, we'll hit the jackpot...and I'll see you at the mountain Friday because school is cancelled and you get a day off.

:spread:

The storm may be too big, look for possible dry slot, warm air into eastern New England and high winds shutting down the mountains.

Greg

Staff member
The storm may be too big, look for possible dry slot, warm air into eastern New England and high winds shutting down the mountains.

Magic is in Western New England and is not prone to wind holds. Hint Hint (Friday).

psyflyer

Burke is calling for 3-6 inches into tomorrow morning. The Northern Mts might not see as much from this first storm (it appears that way at least) but what about the second storm into Friday ? Is it also mainly a Southern NE event?

Northern Mt's have been getting steady snow the past week and a half and here @ Burke most glades are open with a good snow base on them. Either way hoping for a major dump.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Okay. Is the day to go tomorrow or Friday in NH?

Both appear to be great days. Look at it this way, do you want a foot on Wednesday or do you want to wait till Friday and be greedy? 12" sounds good to me.

Winchill checks in on snowforecast.com this morning regarding Vermont:

"ACCUMULATIONS through Wednesday: Southern resorts look to pick up the most out of this first wave through Wednesday...we still like about a foot to foot and a half from about Killington southward to Mount Snow (topped with some icy crust Wed PM)--at or just under a foot for northern resorts (Sugarbush to Jay)."

I'll be out Wednesday and again for the weekend. Fatties are packed in the car.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Burke is calling for 3-6 inches into tomorrow morning. The Northern Mts might not see as much from this first storm (it appears that way at least) but what about the second storm into Friday ? Is it also mainly a Southern NE event?
nay, nay. The precip sustains all day Wednesday. See Winn's forecast above.