• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weekend...

drjeff

Killington is going to be jammed and people are going to be realy pissed. The conditions look nothing like you would expect after 4 feet of snow due to the rain and high winds.

+1 - The last people I'd want to be this weekend are the folks working in the customer services/guest realtions/whatever they call it dept. The profile of the snow that fell, both interms of shear quantity and then the weight/crust factor that also occurred in many places is going to have the likely mega masses of folks headed out not very happy :eek: The masses generally have a tough time with 6 to 8" of pure fluff, let alone 3 to 4 feet of snow with a heavy, crusty top layer, and groomer wise, all that fresh stuff isn't exactly going to pack down quite solidly, so the main trails are more than likely to become mogul fields by mid/late morning - once again a scenario that many of the masses can't handle/don't like :eek:

57stevey

Looking like Ragged for me and the kid on Sunday, that's the only 2-fer I have that's close by. (Well, 10e but did that last week,)

Greg

Staff member
The mighty Mohawk later today with my 4 year old. Maybe Sundown tomorrow with the rest of the family.