• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski resorts who give college students a day pass discount

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The downside to the student discount is the age limit. Even though I am a full-time college student, I'm too old. :(

I know there were some season pass discounts but I don't recall which resorts discount day tickets...

WakeboardMom

Cannon does.

Loon, SR, Sunapee and Bretton Woods do not. : - (

Cannon does.

WakeboardMom

The downside to the student discount is the age limit. Even though I am a full-time college student, I'm too old. :(

Are you sure you're correct? I don't see how that can be allowed if it's not advertised with an age limitation. Does the area in question put age in the fine print? Cannon advertises "with valid college ID." My friend who's 35 is a full-time student, and they honored her ID.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Are you sure you're correct? I don't see how that can be allowed if it's not advertised with an age limitation. Does the area in question put age in the fine print? Cannon advertises "with valid college ID." My friend who's 35 is a full-time student, and they honored her ID.
I know when I was looking at the season pass options in VT there were at least a few that put an age limit on the student season pass.

ETA: Okemo caps at 29: http://www.okemo.com/okemowinter/ratesandrentals/specialdeals/collegedeals.asp

Stratton also caps at 29: http://www.stratton.com/tickets-and-passes/smartpasses/college-rep-program/index.htm

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Name names.

Full time students are full time students.
You're asking a sleep-deprived stay-at-home mom to 2 kids under 5 and full-time college student to remember which resorts popped up in a search back in October that was only a half-hearted search?

Doing my best to reconstruct...see above for 2 of them...

playoutside

Sunapee...from their site

• Great daily savings for full-time college students at Mount Sunapee! Simply present your valid college ID* from an accredited Community College, College or University to Guest Services or any ticket window and receive your college discounts.
    • SAVE 50% off an adult, all-day, full-priced, all-mountain lift ticket midweek, non-holiday.
    • SAVE $15 off an adult, all-day, full-priced, all-mountain lift ticket weekends & holiday periods.
    *College ID must show validity dates or student must provide other documentation showing valid student status.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sunapee...from their site

• Great daily savings for full-time college students at Mount Sunapee! Simply present your valid college ID* from an accredited Community College, College or University to Guest Services or any ticket window and receive your college discounts.
    • SAVE 50% off an adult, all-day, full-priced, all-mountain lift ticket midweek, non-holiday.
    • SAVE $15 off an adult, all-day, full-priced, all-mountain lift ticket weekends & holiday periods.
    *College ID must show validity dates or student must provide other documentation showing valid student status.
Interesting since their season pass with Okemo/Stratton has an age limit:

SOS COLLEGE PASS
Mount Sunapee • Okemo • Stratton

Are you a full-time student at a college or university? Are you between the ages of 18 and 29? Then this is the season pass deal for you! Ski or ride with no restrictions at Mount Sunapee, Okemo, and Stratton (SOS) all season long for one low price! Plus receive special benefits at our sister resort Crested Butte, CO.
Pass Type Purchase Price:
SOS College Pass $419

Order your SOS College Pass NOW in Mount Sunapee's Online Store!
College Pass Requirements

* Proof of registration through Spring 2010 is required.
* College Passes are available to full-time students through age 29 only.
* A valid picture identification, an original signed letter from the Registrar (embossed with the school seal) stating full-time status through Spring 2010. THIS MUST BE PRESENTED before a College Pass will be issued. SORRY - NO EXCEPTIONS!

And their NH season pass does not:
NH COLLEGE BREAKOUT PASS
Mount Sunapee • Gunstock • Wildcat

Are you a full-time student at a college or university? Like to ski and ride in New Hampshire? Mount Sunapee has one of the best college pass deals available in the East. Ski or ride with no date restrictions at Mount Sunapee, Gunstock, and Wildcat all season long with NO DATE RESTRICTIONS!
Pass Type Purchase Price:
NH College Breakout Pass $279

Order your NH College Breakout Pass NOW in Mount Sunapee's Online Store!
NH College Breakout Pass Requirements

* Proof of registration through Spring 2010 is required.
* College Passes are available to full-time students ONLY.
* A valid picture identification, an original signed letter from the Registrar (embossed with the school seal) stating full-time status through Spring 2010 MUST BE PRESENTED before a College Pass will be issued. SORRY - NO EXCEPTIONS

They also have an in-between pass for college graduates. That's a new one... But this has an age limit of 25:
GRADUATE PASS
Mount Sunapee

Bridges the gap between college pass pricing and regular pass pricing for recent college graduates. Ski or ride WITH NO DATE RESTRICTIONS at Mount Sunapee all season. Rates are valid for two consecutive years.
Pass Type 2009-2010 2010-2011
First-year Graduate Pass $515 $669

Order your Graduate Pass NOW in Mount Sunapee's Online Store!
Graduate Pass Requirements

* Must present a copy of college diploma and college transcript when pass is issued.
* Minimum of a two-year degree required. Must purchase within 12 months of graduation date.
* Available through age 25 only.

soposkier

Ive used mine at Wildcat, Ragged, and Sunapee this year and I'm two years out of school.

snowmonster

When I was in grad school (and over 25), I got the day ticket student discount at Pico just by showing the college ID, which did not show dates of enrollment because all the info was on the magnetic strip. I could probably still use the ID because I still look my photo but let's not go there.