• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR: Waterville Valley 3-6-2010

Bostonian

Resort: Waterville Valley, NH

Date: 3/7/2010

Conditions Packed Powder, Machine Groomed, Spring Conditions; Highs in the 50's

Review: So one week after skiing out the west, I returned home to my favorite home away from home, Waterville Valley. Many people know I ski with do not like this place for one reason or another, but I have always found it easily accessible, reasonable in price, and fun to ski. I will say though, after being at Vail a week before, this place is TINY! Ahhh nothing like being spoiled by the west! Anyway I digress..

Yesterday was a great day to be on the snow. With nearly 3 or so feet of fresh snow the weekend before, they have done a good job of holding onto it! great coverage, little ice, although the warm weather was beginning to take its toll, as Lower Bobby's had some bare spots. I arrived there at 8am, to get some fresh corduroy on True Grit, Gema and Ciao, before it got very soft with the spring sun hitting it. The rest of the day was doing laps down the front on Sels, white cap, Tippy Canoe, Tyler too. Not to mention utter abandon. All in all a great day... wish I wasn't teaching or I would head up there again today!

Some pictures:

IMAG00641.jpg

IMAG00631.jpg

IMAG00621.jpg