• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Biking Hazzards - Squirrels

Rambo

Bicycling Hazzards! Killer Squirrels!
I guess, you never know what you might encounter.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bike/76039319/

squirrelbike.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
I've seen quite a few pictures of squirrels getting caught up in spokes, most of the time causing some serious damage like in that picture... That would really suck!

mlctvt

That looks nasty- and not only for the squirrel!
My wife ran over 2 squirrels on her road bike a couple of years ago, two separate incidents a couple of days apart. I still kid her about that.
They both ran away but I'm sure they didn't fare too well.

A friend of mine ran one over once and actually cut him in half, blood was all over his bike and his legs.

I ran over a small dog once. He ran right between my wheels as he was trying to bite my leg. Both of us weren't hurt since it was at such a slow speed.

Watch out out there!

gorgonzola

wow.. i got hit by a squirrel last year - just bounced off tho. i've hit rabbits, squished moles, had a few close calls with deer, ducked a turkey take off and bunny hopped a snake out on the trails ... it's a jungle out there

Grassi21

I was intro'ing a friend to MTB at Waldo last season when a squirrel randomly fell out of a tree, hit the ground and bounced a good foot in the air. I saw the bounce and thought he ran it over. The poor squirrel was twitching and just lying there.

o3jeff

I was intro'ing a friend to MTB at Waldo last season when a squirrel randomly fell out of a tree, hit the ground and bounced a good foot in the air. I saw the bounce and thought he ran it over. The poor squirrel was twitching and just lying there.

And then what did you do?