• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo 1/1/04

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Date(s) Skied: 1/1/04

Resort or Ski Area: Okemo

Conditions: Heavy piles of loose granular on top of ICE

Trip Report: I ventured off to Okemo yesterday with a couple friends. We looked forward to a great day in the great conditions they always advertise. Needless to say we were quite disappointed. The conditions were lousy to say the least. There were hugh piles of loose granular everywhere and the rest was ice, bare ground or hardpack/ice with pebbles and sticks in it. The area was very crowded, but you didn't seem to wait in line long with all of the HSQ's they have.

Having hurt my knee 3 weeks ago at Stowe I decided to take it easy and stick to the blues and greens. By 2 I'd had it and packed it in for the day! The piles had become so large that you came to a stop if you hit one and the rest was rather icy.

Wachusett conditions on New Years Eve were MUCH better according to another friend I ran into at Okemo.

O

oldhippie

Thanks!!

Wachusett conditions on New Years Eve were MUCH better according to another friend I ran into at Okemo.

Thanks Laurie! Let's hope conditions improve soon!!