• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

(Ski Sundown 2010-11) Top to Bottom Gunbarrel Mogul Request Thread

Greg

Staff member
We're talking maybe three lines ALL SEASON, far skier's right. That should still leave enough room for racing. Perhaps Tuesday night CISC duels would be a little tight, but they could always close the trail to the general public for the 2-3 hours racing is on. This would also free up Temptor for other purposes.

The way Kurt seeded Gunny this spring, he could seed three lines in a night so if/when they get funky, mow and reseed. The Gunny bump season is just so short. It seems like it just got good, and pretty soon the mountain is gonna shut down. :( T2B Gunny bumps all season would be sweet.

Chime in here if you support top to bottom bumps on Gunbarrel all season. For non-pass holders, if they did this, would you buy a lift ticket and visit mid-season? Would this make a difference whether you decided to buy a pass or not?

Madroch

I am taking my family, and all four season's passes, and two weekend kids programs all year, to Butternut next year unless Sundown seeds Gunny T2B all year. ;-).

I will also campaign for every family we ski with to do the same!

But seriously, would love it--

Greg

Staff member
I am taking my family, and all four season's passes, and two weekend kids programs all year, to Butternut next year unless Sundown seeds Gunny T2B all year. ;-).

I will also campaign for every family we ski with to do the same!

But seriously, would love it--

Ha! I know for most of us, we'll be pass holders regardless, but I'm curious if others in the area would consider buying a pass, or maybe some day tickets midseason. Gunny is more sun-friendly than Temptor so soft bumps even mid-season are a real possibility.

Grassi21

T2B all season would be great. Stinger was a fun experiment, but the pathway left for the park rats was less than ideal. Temptor is great and all, but its short and IMO sucks once they put the kickers in. Gunny is great because you get some steeper bumps at the top and middle and some nice lower angle bumps at the bottom for posers like me.

ssusca

I think that would be exactly what it takes for me to pull the trigger on a season pass for me and the family.

Madroch

Naw, bump that up too!

Yup- Temptor and Gunny-- or BUTTERNUT

all us mogul guys are middle age, leftovers from the 80s- but we have younger families who like to ski, so we are like a 4/5 for 1 deal- get/keep one of us, get/keep 4/5 passes/lessons etc.

Park rats are a 1 for 1 deal funded by parents, groomer guys are ex-bumpers with limited shelf lives whose kids are grown and flown the coop- so they are 1 for 1 guys or, groomers are young kids who are a 1 for 1 deal.

Its all economics- we have to put our purchasing power to work- bump it or Butternut!:wink:

Greg

Staff member
Yup- Temptor and Gunny-- or BUTTERNUT

all us mogul guys are middle age, leftovers from the 80s- but we have younger families who like to ski, so we are like a 4/5 for 1 deal- get/keep one of us, get/keep 4/5 passes/lessons etc.

Park rats are a 1 for 1 deal funded by parents, groomer guys are ex-bumpers with limited shelf lives whose kids are grown and flown the coop- so they are 1 for 1 guys or, groomers are young kids who are a 1 for 1 deal.

Its all economics- we have to put our purchasing power to work- bump it or Butternut!:wink:

You have it all figured out. :lol:

I really loved seeing the Hunter guys yesterday there with their kids. The little guys are all bump fanatics and couldn't wait to jump in. I can only hope I can get my girls into skiing bumps like that.

Madroch

You have it all figured out. :lol:

I really loved seeing the Hunter guys yesterday there with their kids. The little guys are all bump fanatics and couldn't wait to jump in. I can only hope I can get my girls into skiing bumps like that.

My son is getting there, he loved Yardsale at MS on 3/17- but he is not a fanatic yet-- still likes to cruise around everywhere- find little jumps in the trees, etc. My daughter is hit or miss-- she loves bumps when her brother is not around hounding her to do them, but won't ever agree to ski bumps when her borther wants to-- tough to read her real desires through her need to torment her brother.

vonski

My son is getting there, he loved Yardsale at MS on 3/17- but he is not a fanatic yet-- still likes to cruise around everywhere- find little jumps in the trees, etc. My daughter is hit or miss-- she loves bumps when her brother is not around hounding her to do them, but won't ever agree to ski bumps when her borther wants to-- tough to read her real desires through her need to torment her brother.

She is trying to get good on the sly. So, when she does finally go with him she can cook his ass. :flame: Mention it to her, her response should give you some idea to her desires!

jack97

If they seeded gunbarrel top2bottom, I would go more often. Honestly, temptor bumps were good but that trail was on the short side. Not sure if I can consistenly do a two hour drive to hit Sundown when I can do that at Sunapee with the same drive time but with longer bump runs.

Two to three lines is all you need, they did that at Sunapee and those lines were sweet.... quality lines,

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I agree with many of the points made in this thread. The Stinger experiment did not meet expectations and Temptor looses its rhythm with the kickers in it.
Top to bottom on Gunbarrel may not be possible but top to the old mid station might be.

jack97

Top to bottom on Gunbarrel may not be possible but top to the old mid station might be.

That would be long enuf and mid to bottom would be enough to work out kink in the flats. If that happens, I might get a season pass.