Bike Log 2010 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    1st road ride of 2010 yesterday. Normal semi hilly route 25miles 16.4 mph. I felt like a slug.
    2nd ride yesterday, same 25 mile route 16.6 mph.
    Tight calves and like most season starts - sore sit bones.

First road ride of the season today, on this beautiful day. 16.6 miles at an embarrassingly slow pace, hopefully the weather will hold next week and I can get in a few more miles.

Got my second ride of the season in yesterday. 9 miles in about an hour and a half. Not terrible since I got pretty lost. TR to follow...

2nd ride yesterday, same 25 mile route 16.6 mph.
    Tight calves and like most season starts - sore sit bones.
    3rd ride yesterday, 39 very hilly miles with my wife. The best weather I've ever seen in March!
    4th ride today 25 miles on the coast. Social group ride with AMC.

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    3rd ride yesterday, 39 very hilly miles with my wife. The best weather I've ever seen in March!
    4th ride today 25 miles on the coast. Social group ride with AMC.
    Nice early season mileage.....

Erm... a paltry 183 miles in March and 229 miles YTD, road and mtn. Of course, I was in Canada for one March week. 8 road rides and 2 mtb. Plus a handful of trainer rides I didn't log. Mostly threshold or recovery stuff.

Today's ride included 3 x (5 x [40s + 20s]). It was as bad as it sounds. It took me 50 minutes total to do the three sets 'cause I felt like I wanted to throw up after each one.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

First easy 15mi of the season...nice and easy, didnt check avg or time, just get the legs spinning and check the bike out...felt great to be back in the saddle...
    updownupdownupdownupdown

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Erm... a paltry 183 miles in March and 229 miles YTD, road and mtn. Of course, I was in Canada for one March week. 8 road rides and 2 mtb. Plus a handful of trainer rides I didn't log. Mostly threshold or recovery stuff.

Today's ride included 3 x (5 x [40s + 20s]). It was as bad as it sounds. It took me 50 minutes total to do the three sets 'cause I felt like I wanted to throw up after each one.
    You are INSANE! You know that already though, don't you?!

2 rides for me so far, which is already more than 2009.

4/1 3.4 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop (paved trail)
    4/4 5.8-ish miles (GPS died 1.2 miles into the ride) White Memorial, mixture of DT and road

Total for 2010 thus far: 9.2 miles
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

But I'm a likeable schizoid

Anyway, last week's training in toto looked like this:

Sunday: ran a 5k, embarrassing 7:50 pace to my girlfriend's 6:50
    Monday: sore from race, 40 min recovery trainer ride
    Tuesday: still sore
    Wednesday: still a little bit sore, but I went out and did the 3 x 5 x 40+20 anyway, two hours and 34 miles total
    Thursday: now tired from Wednesday, but I went out and did 4 x 200m sprints because I'm stupid, and ended up with 1.5 hours, 24 miles
    Friday: planned on doing some more interval work, but I listend to my legs instead and took it off, turned out to be smart
    Saturday: 1 hr recovery, 13.5 miles, legs still a little tired
    Sunday: 1.5 hours tempo, pre Easter dinner workout for a solid 28 miles, legs still a hair tired

My legs feel surprisingly good today, I slept a lot last night and ate a lot yesterday. Today is an off day (normally a recovery ride but I'm busy in Worcester all evening) so I hope to get a good hard week in this week... optimally 9 - 10 hours. Planning on 2 x 10 min AT tempos for Tuesday, 4 x 200 m sprints Wednesday and the death workout again on Thursday (3x5x40+20).
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

You're a maniac Marc!

My total for the year thus far: 0.0 miles

At least I got the garage cleaned yesterday...
    Brian

Thread Information