• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log 2010

WoodCore

Next time I roll through there I'll have to grab as much brush as possible to help make sure it stays blocked... Like it's sooooo hard to stay on the trail there. :roll:

Funny thing this time was that they didn't even move the brush pile I left and simply created a braid around the blocked braid. Amazing what these fucktards can come up with!:evil:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Third day out on the road bike today. Decided to take a new route. Looked great on the map. Learned that 16.5% grade for 200 vertical REALLY sucks ass when you are out of shape! Nearing the top of the hill, I came over the ridge and saw that the pavement turned to dirt. DOH! My loop became an out and back instead. But on the bright side, I beat the rain home.

In other news, I finally got cycling shorts and a jersey. Was actually surprised the chamois was not more substantial. Still won't be going back, though. :lol: Nice having pockets in the jersey for food. Need to loose all the weight I put on over the summer though, good motivation!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I got out again this morning....Had a relatively early meeting so I only did a short hill ride. About 40 mins..but pretty much all hills, non-stop. Makes 6 out of the last 7....and we're getting out again tomorrow morning before work. Also, I'll be riding up at Minnewaska on Saturday...The wife and I are going to New Paltz for the weekend.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Third day out on the road bike today. Decided to take a new route. Looked great on the map. Learned that 16.5% grade for 200 vertical REALLY sucks ass when you are out of shape! Nearing the top of the hill, I came over the ridge and saw that the pavement turned to dirt. DOH! My loop became an out and back instead. But on the bright side, I beat the rain home.

In other news, I finally got cycling shorts and a jersey. Was actually surprised the chamois was not more substantial. Still won't be going back, though. :lol: Nice having pockets in the jersey for food. Need to loose all the weight I put on over the summer though, good motivation!

16.5% grade for 200 vert sucks ass no matter what shape you're in. Remember what Greg Lemond said- It never gets easier, you just get faster.

Greg

Staff member
2010 Log:

4/22: Nass - 7-ish miles

I'm actually debating if I'm going to bother keeping track this year. I probably will, but at the end of the season, it's not going to matter. I'm going to just try and squeeze rides in when I can and ride as far and as fast as possible during my windows of opportunity.

bvibert

Staff member
2010 Log:

4/22: Nass - 7-ish miles

I'm actually debating if I'm going to bother keeping track this year. I probably will, but at the end of the season, it's not going to matter. I'm going to just try and squeeze rides in when I can and ride as far and as fast as possible during my windows of opportunity.

Admitting defeat already??? :razz:

Greg

Staff member
Admitting defeat already??? :razz:

Perhaps. I just know that this season is going to be limited to twice a week max. Just insanely busy on a lot of levels...

Greg

Staff member
Did you guys get a tandem bike to ride together?

It's a rigid, but it's sick.

cannondale-mountain-tandem-2006-bike.jpg

Now if I can only get Brian to stop pinching my ass.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
16.5% grade for 200 vert sucks ass no matter what shape you're in. Remember what Greg Lemond said- It never gets easier, you just get faster.
True. But if I can get to the top of that 200 vert twice as fast, then I won't half to stop halfway up to suck wind. :roll: Turning around to clip in and then turning back up hill is teh suck.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
4/1 3.4 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop (paved trail)
4/4 5.8-ish miles (GPS died 1.2 miles into the ride) White Memorial, mixture of DT and road
4/5 7.1 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
4/6 6.81 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop 2 laps
4/7 10.91 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
4/8 7.84 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop & woods (with an oopsie stream crossing)
4/11 7.02 miles White Memorial & back roads pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
4/12 14.0 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
4/15 7.31 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop & woods (where I got a little lost and almost had a close encounter with what I thought was a rattlesnake; instead, it was probably a black rat snake doing a damn good impression of a rattler!)
4/19 11.0 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
4/20 5.2 miles West Hartford Rez red loop & DT
4/23 3.55 miles White Memorial from Route 63, aka "butt kicker"

Total for 2010 thus far: 90.12 miles

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Got out again this morning with a few buddies before work. Another beautiful day and our local trails are riding great! Today made 7 out of 8 days for me and the wife and I are riding up at Minnewaska State Park tomorrow. Not sure if any of you have ever ridden there...no single track...more like rough carriage roads but spectacular scenery on a nice 13 mile loop. I got my old Gary Fisher Hardtail up and running for tomorrow too! First time in about 5 years on that rig. Rim brakes and a crappy fork..but otherwise that bike is a really solid ride. I am thinking about getting a nice fork for it...but I'm saving up for a new set of wheels for the road bike first....I'm thinking of getting the Ksyrium SL's. My LBS quoted me a good deal....

BackLoafRiver

3/17 - Hallowell Reservoir -3.79 miles
3/19 - West Hartford Reservoir - 8.49 miles
4/07 - Hallowell Reservoir - 7.20 miles
4/11 - Hallowell Reservoir - 4 miles (with fellow AZ'er Powpig2002)
4/14 - Hallowell Reservoir - 5 miles
4/22 - Saxon Hill - 5 miles
4/23 - Saxon Hill - 6.5 miles
4/24 - Sunny Hallow - 4.5 miles

Total this season = 44.8 miles

BackLoafRiver

3/17 - Hallowell Reservoir -3.79 miles
3/19 - West Hartford Reservoir - 8.49 miles
4/07 - Hallowell Reservoir - 7.20 miles
4/11 - Hallowell Reservoir - 4 miles (with fellow AZ'er Powpig2002)
4/14 - Hallowell Reservoir - 5 miles
4/22 - Saxon Hill - 5 miles
4/23 - Saxon Hill - 6.5 miles
4/24 - Sunny Hallow - 4.5 miles
4/26 - Hallowell Reservoir - 5 miles (before my chain crapped out...sigh)

Total this season = 49.8 miles