Bike Log 2010 - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2010

4/1 3.4 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop (paved trail)
    4/4 5.8-ish miles (GPS died 1.2 miles into the ride) White Memorial, mixture of DT and road
    4/5 7.1 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
    4/6 6.81 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop 2 laps
    4/7 10.91 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
    4/8 7.84 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop & woods (with an oopsie stream crossing)
    4/11 7.02 miles White Memorial & back roads pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
    4/12 14.0 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight

Total for 2010 thus far: 63.06 miles
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

3/17 - Hallowell Reservoir -3.79 miles
    3/19 - West Hartford Reservoir - 8.49 miles
    4/07 - Hallowell Reservoir - 7.20 miles
    4/11 - Halloweel Reservoir - 4 miles (with fellow AZ'er Powpig2002)

Total - 23.48

20.6 lunchtime ride.
    updownupdownupdownupdown

208 Road Miles so far this year . . . I'm hoping to get at least 1500 miles this year.

Also, there's a Salsa Big Mama frame sitting in my living room waiting to be built up so I can finally start mountain biking.

Nice Start!

4/4 5.8-ish miles (GPS died 1.2 miles into the ride) White Memorial, mixture of DT and road
    4/5 7.1 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
    4/7 10.91 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
    4/8 7.84 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop & woods (with an oopsie stream crossing)
    4/11 7.02 miles White Memorial & back roads pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
    4/12 14.0 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight
    4/15 7.31 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop & woods (where I got a little lost and almost had a close encounter with what I thought was a rattlesnake; instead, it was probably a black rat snake doing a damn good impression of a rattler!)

Total for 2010 thus far: 70.37 miles
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    My total for the year thus far: 0.0 miles
    Still zero.zero.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Still zero.zero.
    Ah ha. You're getting your arse kicked by your wife.

Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Ah ha. You're getting your arse kicked by your wife.
    The miles will start to go back on tonight.

Hopefully I can get more than a mile into my ride without a ride ending mechanical, like that last two rides I went on.
    Brian

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Our local trails have recovered nicely from the hurricane. Needed a couple of days with a couple of chainsaws to get the main trails back. And a few weeks of us removing the downed branches on the single track. There were also 40 girlscouts on the trails a last weekend for a trailcleaning project. (we can't really have them work on our single track). Anyway even the big hills are back in action. I've been getting out about 3 or 4 days a week. Need to get back in the saddle More another 3 would be nice. Hopefully I'll just start to fill in the extra days on the road.

So I've got 3 days running in the saddle now. It's been great weather for riding. We got the owners of a local shop out in the trails with us to show them our homegrown trails. I had to get to this meeting this morning on time, (now I was a few mins early and I'm still waiting but, I digress) so I only did a short hill ride, but it was still a good workout.Over the weekend we did all the single track plus the hills. Another nice day today. If it wasn't for this work thing I'd get out for an afternoon ride too.

4/15 7.31 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop & woods (where I got a little lost and almost had a close encounter with what I thought was a rattlesnake; instead, it was probably a black rat snake doing a damn good impression of a rattler!)
    4/19 11.0 miles on Farmington Valley Greenway pulling ~80lbs worth of kids plus the trailer weight

Total for 2010 thus far: 81.37 miles

Thread Information