Bike Log 2010 - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2010

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Next time I roll through there I'll have to grab as much brush as possible to help make sure it stays blocked... Like it's sooooo hard to stay on the trail there.
    Funny thing this time was that they didn't even move the brush pile I left and simply created a braid around the blocked braid. Amazing what these fucktards can come up with!

"If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Funny thing this time was that they didn't even move the brush pile I left and simply created a braid around the blocked braid. Amazing what these fucktards can come up with!
    Unbelievable!
    Brian

Third day out on the road bike today. Decided to take a new route. Looked great on the map. Learned that 16.5% grade for 200 vertical REALLY sucks ass when you are out of shape! Nearing the top of the hill, I came over the ridge and saw that the pavement turned to dirt. DOH! My loop became an out and back instead. But on the bright side, I beat the rain home.

In other news, I finally got cycling shorts and a jersey. Was actually surprised the chamois was not more substantial. Still won't be going back, though. Nice having pockets in the jersey for food. Need to loose all the weight I put on over the summer though, good motivation!
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    I got out again this morning....Had a relatively early meeting so I only did a short hill ride. About 40 mins..but pretty much all hills, non-stop. Makes 6 out of the last 7....and we're getting out again tomorrow morning before work. Also, I'll be riding up at Minnewaska on Saturday...The wife and I are going to New Paltz for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    Third day out on the road bike today. Decided to take a new route. Looked great on the map. Learned that 16.5% grade for 200 vertical REALLY sucks ass when you are out of shape! Nearing the top of the hill, I came over the ridge and saw that the pavement turned to dirt. DOH! My loop became an out and back instead. But on the bright side, I beat the rain home.

In other news, I finally got cycling shorts and a jersey. Was actually surprised the chamois was not more substantial. Still won't be going back, though. Nice having pockets in the jersey for food. Need to loose all the weight I put on over the summer though, good motivation!
    16.5% grade for 200 vert sucks ass no matter what shape you're in. Remember what Greg Lemond said- It never gets easier, you just get faster.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

2010 Log:

4/22: Nass - 7-ish miles

I'm actually debating if I'm going to bother keeping track this year. I probably will, but at the end of the season, it's not going to matter. I'm going to just try and squeeze rides in when I can and ride as far and as fast as possible during my windows of opportunity.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    2010 Log:

4/22: Nass - 7-ish miles

I'm actually debating if I'm going to bother keeping track this year. I probably will, but at the end of the season, it's not going to matter. I'm going to just try and squeeze rides in when I can and ride as far and as fast as possible during my windows of opportunity.
    Admitting defeat already???
    Brian

I do that at the start of most races. Makes the inevitable defeat much easier to take
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Perhaps. I just know that this season is going to be limited to twice a week max. Just insanely busy on a lot of levels...
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Perhaps. I just know that this season is going to be limited to twice a week max. Just insanely busy on a lot of levels...
    Just busting dude. I hope to get out on the bike with you soon.
    Brian

Thread Information