• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log 2010

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Another great snow ride this morning. We still have about 2-3" in the woods. Makes you work hard, since its still pretty powdery. But we were able to ride almost everything...even some slick rocked boulders covered in some snow. A bit on the chilly side..but those new booties I got rule.
10-0082-BLK-FORM.jpg

The only thing that was cold were the fingers on my left hand. We were out there for over an hour. Now I'm off to the office!

marcski

Got out 4x last week. The woods were riding really well....Wed, thursday, friday and sunday and I skied Saturday.

Got out there yesterday and again today. Today we had about 1-2" of snow and it was puking as we were riding....stayed off the slick rock...but the trails were still pretty good..nice and crispy and grippy after the rain soaked ground re-froze this week.

Jisch

I'm riding tonight at Case - actually have a pretty good group going out considering the snow...

John

mlctvt

1st road ride of 2010 yesterday. Normal semi hilly route 25miles 16.4 mph. I felt like a slug.

marcski

I got out in the local woods this morning.. OMG, they are a mess. There is an area near the reservoir that is like a mini pine barren area. It looks like one of those crazy mythic scenes from Lord of the Rings...trees just down everywhere.... We were stopping every few hundred feet to pick up the sticks...and branches. Major upper branches of old hardwoods just downed.

marcski

Got out again this morning. Man, its just crazy how many sticks/trees/branches are down. We ride 100 yards. Stop, pick up sticks and branches, move downed trees when we could, had to reroute (at least temporarily) a few sections...added in a few new tree/log rolls. I think my buddy and a few others are going in on Monday with the chain saws.

Gorgeous ....almost perfect riding weather.

gorgonzola

thanks! happy hour ride today will be my first for 2010. the weekend looks like perfect weather for a cali day ski/ride combo but my son is in 2 hockey tournaments this weekend so not likely for me...

mlctvt

1st road ride of 2010 yesterday. Normal semi hilly route 25miles 16.4 mph. I felt like a slug.

2nd ride yesterday, same 25 mile route 16.6 mph.
Tight calves and like most season starts - sore sit bones.

David

First road ride of the season today, on this beautiful day. 16.6 miles at an embarrassingly slow pace, hopefully the weather will hold next week and I can get in a few more miles.

BackLoafRiver

Got my second ride of the season in yesterday. 9 miles in about an hour and a half. Not terrible since I got pretty lost. TR to follow...

mlctvt

2nd ride yesterday, same 25 mile route 16.6 mph.
Tight calves and like most season starts - sore sit bones.

3rd ride yesterday, 39 very hilly miles with my wife. The best weather I've ever seen in March!
4th ride today 25 miles on the coast. Social group ride with AMC.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Erm... a paltry 183 miles in March and 229 miles YTD, road and mtn. Of course, I was in Canada for one March week. 8 road rides and 2 mtb. Plus a handful of trainer rides I didn't log. Mostly threshold or recovery stuff.

Today's ride included 3 x (5 x [40s + 20s]). It was as bad as it sounds. It took me 50 minutes total to do the three sets 'cause I felt like I wanted to throw up after each one.

SKIQUATTRO

First easy 15mi of the season...nice and easy, didnt check avg or time, just get the legs spinning and check the bike out...felt great to be back in the saddle...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Erm... a paltry 183 miles in March and 229 miles YTD, road and mtn. Of course, I was in Canada for one March week. 8 road rides and 2 mtb. Plus a handful of trainer rides I didn't log. Mostly threshold or recovery stuff.

Today's ride included 3 x (5 x [40s + 20s]). It was as bad as it sounds. It took me 50 minutes total to do the three sets 'cause I felt like I wanted to throw up after each one.
You are INSANE! You know that already though, don't you?! ;)

2 rides for me so far, which is already more than 2009. :oops:

4/1 3.4 miles West Hartford Rez, red loop (paved trail)
4/4 5.8-ish miles (GPS died 1.2 miles into the ride) White Memorial, mixture of DT and road

Total for 2010 thus far: 9.2 miles

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
But I'm a likeable schizoid :)

Anyway, last week's training in toto looked like this:

Sunday: ran a 5k, embarrassing 7:50 pace to my girlfriend's 6:50
Monday: sore from race, 40 min recovery trainer ride
Tuesday: still sore
Wednesday: still a little bit sore, but I went out and did the 3 x 5 x 40+20 anyway, two hours and 34 miles total
Thursday: now tired from Wednesday, but I went out and did 4 x 200m sprints because I'm stupid, and ended up with 1.5 hours, 24 miles
Friday: planned on doing some more interval work, but I listend to my legs instead and took it off, turned out to be smart
Saturday: 1 hr recovery, 13.5 miles, legs still a little tired
Sunday: 1.5 hours tempo, pre Easter dinner workout for a solid 28 miles, legs still a hair tired

My legs feel surprisingly good today, I slept a lot last night and ate a lot yesterday. Today is an off day (normally a recovery ride but I'm busy in Worcester all evening) so I hope to get a good hard week in this week... optimally 9 - 10 hours. Planning on 2 x 10 min AT tempos for Tuesday, 4 x 200 m sprints Wednesday and the death workout again on Thursday (3x5x40+20).

bvibert

Staff member
You're a maniac Marc!

My total for the year thus far: 0.0 miles :smash:

At least I got the garage cleaned yesterday... :roll: