• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log 2010

Greg

Staff member
4 rides. Up to about 30 miles or so. Pretty lame, but I got in two rides this week which felt great, and has inspired me to try and get out more.

bvibert

Staff member
4 rides. Up to about 30 miles or so. Pretty lame, but I got in two rides this week which felt great, and has inspired me to try and get out more.

Nice work getting out twice this week. Hope to see more of that!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Ooh, the Wednesday night ride :eek: That's where they really tend to go all out (from what I've heard) as it's all about getting as many miles as possible in while there's still daylight to be had!

And yup, overall there's some really fun, nice people in the club.

Aw man was that fun. I'll be back for that ride fer shure. I wasn't with the front group, but second to front during most hammer drops.

Hammer fest. Fun, fun, fun. And a good workout. Too bad my crapputer crapped out, I think average speed was in the neighborhood of 20-22 mph for the 33 miles.

BackLoafRiver

3/17 - Hallowell Reservoir -3.79 miles
3/19 - West Hartford Reservoir - 8.49 miles
4/07 - Hallowell Reservoir - 7.20 miles
4/11 - Hallowell Reservoir - 4 miles (with fellow AZ'er Powpig2002)
4/14 - Hallowell Reservoir - 5 miles
4/22 - Saxon Hill - 5 miles
4/23 - Saxon Hill - 6.5 miles
4/24 - Sunny Hallow - 4.5 miles
4/26 - Hallowell Reservoir - 5 miles (before my chain crapped out...sigh)
4/30 - Bradbury State Park - 7.2 miles
5/2 - Hallowell Reservoir - 5 Miles
5/13 - Pine Ridge - 5 miles
5/14 - Pine Ridge - 6.5 miles
5/15 - Hallowell Reservoir - 6 miles
5/17 - Bradbury State Park - 7.1 miles
5/19 - UMaine Forrest - 7.5 miles
5/20 - UMaine Forrest - 5.3 miles
5/24 - Bradbury State Park - 5 miles
5/26 - Bradbury State Park - 7.8 miles
5/29 - Augusta Rail Trail - 14.25 miles
5/30 - Pine Ridge - 5.5 miles
6/2 - Hallowell Reservoir - 5.6 miles

Total = 136.39 miles

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
May totals were not much at 199.5 miles, 11,468' gain, and 11:18 moving time but I have only been going 3-4 times a week now for two weeks. I think 1000 miles for June seems likely at my current pace.

Clearly, someone's hooked :)

Keep it up! We need more roadies on this forum.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

Keep it up! We need more roadies on this forum.

I'd love to be able to find the hours to ride more miles on the road. I can probably only lget about....120-150 miles a week on the road bike I'll be happy.... Those are hilly miles though...probably about 8-9000' per week. Throw in a few mountain bike rides each week and I should be good to go!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Just bought a pair of gloves, 2nd water bottle rack and bottle (since I am starting to ride further distances), cycling socks (instead of using rolled down ski socks), and CO2 (pumping up my first flat with my old pump reminded me this was overdue). Already bought a cheap computer w/cadence a few weeks ago (surprised my cadence was as high as it was!). Registered for my first century already as well.

Yup, minorly hooked. ;) Or, well, re-hooked, I should say. Already dropped 7ish lbs, so that helps motivation too (diet changes helped with that too, though).

drjeff

Already dropped 7ish lbs, so that helps motivation too (diet changes helped with that too, though).

Congrats! I will say that I also most definitely fall into the category where smaller numbers on the scale = big motivating factor for me too! :)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Just bought a pair of gloves, 2nd water bottle rack and bottle (since I am starting to ride further distances), cycling socks (instead of using rolled down ski socks), and CO2 (pumping up my first flat with my old pump reminded me this was overdue). Already bought a cheap computer w/cadence a few weeks ago (surprised my cadence was as high as it was!). Registered for my first century already as well.

Yup, minorly hooked. ;) Or, well, re-hooked, I should say. Already dropped 7ish lbs, so that helps motivation too (diet changes helped with that too, though).

Score man. It's amazing how much faster going uphill is when pounds come off. What century are you doing?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Score man. It's amazing how much faster going uphill is when pounds come off. What century are you doing?
Totally, can't wait to get down even lower. If I can loose 20 lbs then that will be almost a 10% reduction in rider weight. And get me down to where I really shouldn't be above any ways. Maybe I won't break as many 8000s next season, either. :lol:

Doing the TriState Seacoast Century. Posted a Trips & Events forum post about it in case any one else is doing it that has not checked that forum. Flat as a pancake. Just hoping for low winds and I should be able to effortlessly spin and fly most of the way given what my regular routes are around here! :D

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Wow, freaking awesome afternoon for riding this evening. Left home with intent of biking to Bristol and deciding whether to do an Out and Back or continue around a loop along Newfound Lake to Plymouth. I was feeling GREAT as I rode into Bristol and decided to keep going and was glad I did. Amazing ride with perfect temp, just enough of a work out, and great views. Riding along lakes and small mountains never gets old.

Crested the big hill on Tenney Mountain Highway between Plymouth and East Hebron and hit 40.8 max MPH on the down. WOW! My mouth was so dry, it took me four attempts to let out a proper WOOOO!!!! and I had perma grin all the way back into Plymouth.

2008' vert during 36.4 miles in 2:04:37, 17.5 avg. It can rain all weekend for all I care, that was a few days worth of fun right there! Time to bump the mileage up into the lower 40s next weekend. I think I might have enough base miles down to try to ride with the local mid-week group ride.

marcski

Nice ride Steve...I hit 41.4 on my "regular" ride today. Fastest I've gone on it...There are 2 large hills with enough room....and if you pedal hard as you crest and keep going hard over the crest and on the way down and then tuck....I hit it easy this morning too...my old fastest was 40.5 and I thought that was about as fast as I could take it on this route..but after this morning, I'm thinking I can take it a notch up past today's speed. :-D:-D

Fastest I've ever gone on my bike was 45.6 I think in Harriman State Park....it was a few years ago when I first started road riding....I started to slow at that point..the guys I was with kept it up and broke 50 on the same hill.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Went up to the Woodstock area for my girlfriend's half marathon today, so I did a little climb fest on the bike yesterday:

June%20VT%20climbfest.JPG

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/92675

This was actually harder than the 10,000' suffer fest I did in NW MA last year. All the gradients were steeper. Most hovered right around 10% and over (I'm looking at you, East Mtn Road and the west side of Brandon gap). Felt kinda crappy near the end mostly from the weather, 83 and humid. Ate peanuts. Felt good again.

Yay me.

marcski

Went up to the Woodstock area for my girlfriend's half marathon today, so I did a little climb fest on the bike yesterday:

June%20VT%20climbfest.JPG

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/92675

This was actually harder than the 10,000' suffer fest I did in NW MA last year. All the gradients were steeper. Most hovered right around 10% and over (I'm looking at you, East Mtn Road and the west side of Brandon gap). Felt kinda crappy near the end mostly from the weather, 83 and humid. Ate peanuts. Felt good again.

Yay me.

Sweet century Marc...gotta love that climbing.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Sweet century Marc...gotta love that climbing.

Thanks. Like I said, the weather was as bad as it could have been for me. I'd like to do it again when it's cooler.

Damn. So Marc, are you doing any BUMPS races or what? :lol:

Heh, no thanks. I like climbing alright, but I don't like it that much. A few hard climbing rides like this in a year is probably enough to satisfy me.

BackLoafRiver

6/2 - Hallowell Reservoir - 5.6 miles
6/11 - Pine Ridge - 6.45 miles

Total = 142.84 miles

BackLoafRiver