• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust V - 3/20/10

madriverjack

What a amazing time I had hanging out with everyone. All the bumpers were rippin it up and alot of fun to watch. Congrats Kevin on the BIG win and Alan congrats on second place you two were pounding those bumps and making it look easy. That was a great duel to see and who knows maybe it could happen again at BMMC. Congrats to Amamda also for the win and Iceman for the back to back win. I made it into a three day trip and it was awsome from the time I got there to the time I left. Also I would like to thank Chris, Bob,Jarrod (oh ya nice avatar) and all the Sundown crew for throwing the events Saturday and making it a trip that I'll never forget.

2knees

Yeah, big ups to Bob S. What ski area owner is hanging out drinking beer/bustin chops like the rest of us after the com? That guy gets it, hands down. The ski industry needs more owners like him.

Madroch

Great day indeed, perfect combination of people (owners, operators and skiers/boarders) who truly get it. While I always enjoy watching our locals, its nice to see visitors ripping up "our" hill and having a good time.

Bob, Chris, Jarrod and company--thank you for another great event and a great season.

We gonna be allowed to hike gunny next weekend?

SkiDork

video editing is complete. Now producing. 48 mins long.

I'm gonna try to get the windows admins to get it from my laptop to the LAN here, then I can actually put it up within the next few hours. Stay tuned.

Greg

Staff member
Some vid that o3jeff took for us from near the lower kicker (thanks Jeff). It also includes the final along with raving lunatic AZers cheering on 180 and a nice dad/son moment at the end:

Done. 2knees daffy is nasty.

4aprice

Yeah, big ups to Bob S. What ski area owner is hanging out drinking beer/bustin chops like the rest of us after the com? That guy gets it, hands down. The ski industry needs more owners like him.

Congrats on your good show 2 Knees. A little ot but I agree with your above statement. The owner of Camelback was omni present this past weekend with an RV and bar/grill in the lot and mingling with everybody. Another one who gets it.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

bvibert

Staff member
Some vid that o3jeff took for us from near the lower kicker (thanks Jeff). It also includes the final along with raving lunatic AZers cheering on 180 and a nice dad/son moment at the end:

Nice work Jeff, thanks! I like how the winner falls down right at the end!

SkiDork

actually a lot of people stayed away from me, thats probably why. Except of course Brownsville Brooklyn.. His yappage is all over the thing.

2knees

Done. 2knees daffy is nasty.

without taking too much shit, can i say that did look pretty good. i actually cleared the tranny by a good chunk. amazing what a little adrenaline will do. i was casing those things all week long.

thanks for the vid jeff, came out great. iceman's spin is sick.

2knees

actually a lot of people stayed away from me, thats probably why. Except of course Brownsville Brooklyn.. His yappage is all over the thing.

thanks for doing that. you easily could've just shot footage of your son and called it a day. You must be so damn proud watching him. he absolutely kills it.

Wow amazing footage. I can really see how close it was. Those troughs on the left side were huge and I couldn't get any speed. If I had any strength I would have gone straighter.

I just realized, I should have won because he didn't have a helmet.....;)

SkiDork

Wow amazing footage. I can realy see how close it was. Those troughs on the left side were huge and I couldn't get any speed. If I had any strength I would have gone straighter.

REALLY!!!! File the protest now!!!

===========================================================

SKI SUNDOWN'S SUPER STUPENDOUS SPRING SATURDAY SPECTACULAR!
03/20/2010 to 03/20/2010
Start Time: 08:00 AM
End Time: 6:00 PM

Remember what a blast this was last season, well, we're doing it again!!! This all day annual event includes a slopestyle competition for skiers and snowboarders in the Stinger Terrain Park and a mogul competition on Gunbarrel! It's a day for show men, show women, and spectators alike with stunts, sport shops, sizzling steaks and late season snow! Thomas Hooker "brewvan" onsite~ Outdoor BBQ~Equipment demo tents!

Helmets are required to participate in S7 events!
10AM - SLOPESTYLE EVENT IN THE STINGER TERRAIN PARK
Categories: Skiers-Open; Snowboarders-Open
(limited to 50 participants)
Registration - 8:00am-9:30am
$10 Entry fee
Tons of prizes from our SWAG attic!

1PM - "BUMP OR BUST" MOGUL COMPETITION ON GUNBARREL
Categories: Male U-18; Male 18-39; Male 40+; Female U-18; Female 18+; Snowboarders-Open
Registration - 8:00am-12:30pm
$25 Entry fee
1st, 2nd & 3rd Place prizes awarded in each category...$1000 1st Place prize in the Male 18-39 category courtesy of Colorado Ski Shop and Elan Bloodline skis from Suburban Sports and $1000 1st Place prize in the Female 18+ category!!!!

5PM AWARDS on the deck

Contact Name: Jarrod

Contact Email Address: jarrod@skisundown.com

Send to a Friend

I loved Kevin falling over at the very end. I wanted to, but I would have crushed Spencer.

bvibert

Staff member
Wow amazing footage. I can really see how close it was. Those troughs on the left side were huge and I couldn't get any speed. If I had any strength I would have gone straighter.

It really was close, we were all really pumped watching it from the bottom!

bvibert

Staff member
I loved Kevin falling over at the very end. I wanted to, but I would have crushed Spencer.

A true testament to how long that course was. Great work Al, we were all so pumped to have someone we knew in the finals! Spencer was so proud of you, it was awesome!