• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust V - 3/20/10

Website
maps.google.com
p4130023.jpg

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
what was the best line said from skier to skier, on course, heading into the bottom jumps? was there trash talking or was it all business? looked to me like you guys were in way better shape this time around as opposed to last season. speed stayed fast throughout the afternoon, where as even The Hammer last year was dogging a bit on the last run. I figured with all that extra wind there'd be some funny lines exchanged

Greg

Staff member
what was the best line said from skier to skier, on course, heading into the bottom jumps? was there trash talking or was it all business? looked to me like you guys were in way better shape this time around as opposed to last season. speed stayed fast throughout the afternoon, where as even The Hammer last year was dogging a bit on the last run. I figured with all that extra wind there'd be some funny lines exchanged

Skier's left line, while shorter (inside of the turn) was gnarly. Deep, deep troughs, especially the lines inline with the kickers. I learned a lesson that I should know by know: find the fastest way down, and not worry about staying inline with the jumps. For the skier's left course, the outer line right along the groomed was more manageable and faster. Same for the skier's right, outer line along the woods was faster (more sweepy).

The bumps overall were fantastic this year. Perfect spacing. It did result in bigger bumps though. Despite the larger bumps, I think it was easier to ski than last year which required constant foot movement on those little tight bumps. The only complaint I heard was the landings were still gnarly. The sloping transition was the right idea, but they needed to be smoothed somehow. Kicker placement and size seemed good to me, but you know how lame my airs are so take my opinion on the jumps/landings for what it's worth.

No trash talking. Lots of support for local skiers and AZers from other Sundown skiers and AZers. The Killington ripper crew was very friendly - some overlap there with the Baxter connection. Awesome to have the Sundown park rat elite (Mullens, etc.) hanging with us old guys in a single event. Mullens was getting tons of vocal support from a lot of people. He's a great kid.

Overall, an epic event. Nice work.

madriverjack

Sundown is a great place. I have had a good time every day that I've been there, made alot of good friends and will be back including the Three Day Bumpfest. However no Chatterlies on Friday night, gotta check out The Brass Iron and get to sleep earlier for S7.

2knees

Jack's just one of those guys. Within 5 minutes of meeting him, he's a friend for life.

Sundown is a great place. I have had a good time every day that I've been there, made alot of good friends and will be back including the Three Day Bumpfest. However no Chatterlies on Friday night, gotta check out The Brass Iron and get to sleep earlier for S7.

I LOVE YOU MAN!

:lol:

2knees

I was talking to Joe and Amanda, the couple who have made every comp cept for the 1st one, on saturday. If anyone has any pics of either of them, other then the two in this thread, would you mind posting them? They were just looking for anything that might be out there.

btw, those two are big supporters of these comps and without the non regulars competing, especially the january comp, we probably wouldnt have had 5 of these already.

Greg

Staff member
I was talking to Joe and Amanda, the couple who have made every comp cept for the 1st one, on saturday. If anyone has any pics of either of them, other then the two in this thread, would you mind posting them? They were just looking for anything that might be out there.

btw, those two are big supporters of these comps and without the non regulars competing, especially the january comp, we probably wouldnt have had 5 of these already.

I might. Joe knows he was on the Sundown Web site all season right?

gmcunni

only other one i had of Amanda was after her victory-
P1010099.JPG

powbmps

Is there a list anywhere that gives the competitors names? I was talking to someone local who said he competed.

I believe he is in his late 20's. Lost in duals to someone with fate pants in their 50's?

Thanks!

gmcunni

Is there a list anywhere that gives the competitors names? I was talking to someone local who said he competed.

I believe he is in his late 20's. Lost in duals to someone with fate pants in their 50's?

Thanks!

last year Greg got his hands on the score sheets and posted them but haven't seen them for this year.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
the list Greg had from this season had numbers on it... i dont think our updated (and faster) tallying system had a way for names and numbers to be in the brackets.... sorry. you could go through the video list??? no?