AZ Summit at Sugarloaf: 3/25 - 3/28 - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WJenness View Post
    That may have been my favorite run on a groomer ever... It was absolutely perfect.

I chased WoodCore and SkiBum9995 down and tried to mimic their movements and I felt like my carving got WAY better from that one run alone.

-w
    That's awesome. That run with most of us on King's Landing was a damn fun run.

Awesome pics and TR guys! Looks like a really really good time.
    SoVT

Good time this weekend. Couldn't ask for better roomies (well, except for my girls) and the skiing was much better than anticipated. Being the terminal upper intermediate I wasn't too concerned about bumps or anything, but it was cool checking-out a new place. I can now see what all the hubub is about. Definitely working on plans to bring the fam there next season.

A few things...

Greg, you're just jealous that you missed the shower. It was a mind-scrambler.

Despite the rumors, there were no moon landings.

Snowmonster is one smoooooth operator

Those were some great appetizer spreads, but Sev's Whoopie pies trumped them.

Need to add Wi-Fi to the condos, maybe a cell repeater, those buildings were like Faraday cages.

Woodcore has no nerve endings in his head. Amazing.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    A few things...

Greg, you're just jealous that you missed the shower. It was a mind-scrambler.
    I should really fill everyone in on the shower thing, but it's funnier not...

Despite the rumors, there were no moon landings.
    I'm not gonna even ask.

Snowmonster is one smoooooth operator
    Indeed. Please invite us to the wedding, Martin.

I just realized I didn't have a whoopie pie all weekend, but I've had them before, and can concur...

Need to add Wi-Fi to the condos, maybe a cell repeater, those buildings were like Faraday cages.
    My cell phone totally freaked on me up there. It seemed to jump to central time zone for no apparent reason....

No kidding. I've never seen anything like that in all my life. I'm still convinced he's a cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I give you probably the happiest man at Sugarloaf:

LADY'S MAN!!!!

And the one under his right arm just appeared in SKIING magazine's segment on the Widowmaker.
    BTW, this needs to become SM's avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Awesome!

I think that's when I was texting trying to figure out where wa-loaf, o3jeff, and Paul were.
    We were right behind you
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    We were right behind you
    You freaked me out when you texted just as I texted you! Were you spying on me?
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Aww....thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I just realized I didn't have a whoopie pie all weekend, but I've had them before, and can concur...
    Should have sent the remaining 5 home with you!

Agreed! I had a hard time getting a connection and kept losing it. Of course, that just made the perfect excuse for not working on my research paper...

I am amazed! I can't believe there's a photo of him wearing a hat on Friday but he didn't wear one Sat or Sun! It was COLD!!!!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

I think it's a way to bring more money into the Widowmaker. Besides the hot waitresses, the free wifi there was good for catching up on emails. We might not have spent so much time there without it.

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    I am amazed! I can't believe there's a photo of him wearing a hat on Friday but he didn't wear one Sat or Sun! It was COLD!!!!
    It was much colder on Friday than Sat or even Sunday when the weather turned. He still didn't have it covering his ears.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

I had a great time and was nice to meet and ski with some new people and the old ones as well. A big thanks to Sugarloaf, Brad, Ethan, Greg and the Widowmaker bar for all the did for us(and for putting up with us ).

Look forward to hitting SL next year and hopefully another AZ Summit.

PS: Greg, maybe we can do the shower thing after biking sometimes....)
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Thread Information