• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

vBulletin Feedback Thread

Are the forums better since the vBulletin upgrade?

• Yes, the vBulletin version is much better!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, I preferred phpBB.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Don't really care as long as I can post...

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
Please use this thread to post your feedback (positive and negative) on the new vBulletin forum software. This software is highly customizable so I will take all feedback and suggestions into account and will modify things if warranted. There will be a bit of a learning curve for us all. I appreciate your patience and support here.

bvibert

Staff member
So far so good. The forum seems to load much faster too! :)

A couple of things though:
  • Is there anyway to add links back to the forums at the bottom of a thread above the quick reply box, like the ones that are at the top. Right now you have to go below the quick-reply box and use the Forum Jump drop-down box. That works fine, but the extra scrolling irritates me. ;)
  • Can the header with the user info (avatar, name, joined date, etc..) be moved to the left of the message instead of above it? I kinda liked it better to the left, but maybe others like it on top better anyway.

I'm sure I'll come up with more 'ideas'. Keep up the good work! :beer:

bvibert

Staff member
In the first implimentation of the vBulletin yesterday there was a box in the profile for a description of your avatar. I don't see it now, is that something that can be turned back on? That would be slicker than the approach that some have taken to put the description after their location.

JimG.

Staff member
hammer said:
How can I access a saved PM? I can't seem to get to my "saved" folder...

A quick scan of the PM's and it looks to me like there are 2 folders for PM's, inbox and sent. All of my saved PM's were in the sent folder.

hammer

JimG. said:
A quick scan of the PM's and it looks to me like there are 2 folders for PM's, inbox and sent. All of my saved PM's were in the sent folder.
OK, saw that...I had a reply to a sent message in the saved folder but I guess it's lost. :(

bvibert

Staff member
bvibert said:
In the first implimentation of the vBulletin yesterday there was a box in the profile for a description of your avatar. I don't see it now, is that something that can be turned back on? That would be slicker than the approach that some have taken to put the description after their location.
I see you added it back in, thanks! :D

Now can you make it so that it shows up in the user info in the box above each post? Maybe even below the avatar?? ;)

Greg

Staff member
andyzee said:
Maybe it's just my display, but looks too big to me. Anyway, just a suggestion.
Check other sections of the site. Does it look the same on those pages?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Greg said:
Check other sections of the site. Does it look the same on those pages?

Yep, looks the same. Maybe it's just my display at work or it's the way it's always been, not a biggie.

Hey one other thing I noticed, when you qoute someone, it only nests the last message. So, you qouted me, I quoted you, I didn't quote my original message as well. Is this new in this forum or is this something that you always had set?

bvibert

Staff member
andyzee said:
Hey one other thing I noticed, when you qoute someone, it only nests the last message. So, you qouted me, I quoted you, I didn't quote my original message as well. Is this new in this forum or is this something that you always had set?
Thats new to this forum. I think its pretty good, it cuts down on clutter in the messages.

ctenidae

bvibert said:
:
  • Is there anyway to add links back to the forums at the bottom of a thread above the quick reply box, like the ones that are at the top. Right now you have to go below the quick-reply box and use the Forum Jump drop-down box. That works fine, but the extra scrolling irritates me. ;)

• I'll second that one. Minor annoyance, sure, but enough of them add up during the day already...

hammer

Has anyone else tried a forum serach? I just tried a few (yes, the search terms would generate matches) and I didn't get any results...

YardSaleDad

Website
www.tirnalong.com
bvibert said:
Now can you make it so that it shows up in the user info in the box above each post? Maybe even below the avatar?? ;)

I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to see that User Info Box on the right side of a post, instead of on top, like the old version had. IMHO it is a better use of space and makes for a better thread flow.

Otherwise I think vBulletin is a great improvement.

Thanks for all your hard work.:grin:

Greg

Staff member
hammer said:
Has anyone else tried a forum serach? I just tried a few (yes, the search terms would generate matches) and I didn't get any results...
I think I need to index the site. It may take some time...

Robbski

Looks Good!!

Thanks for all the hard work. vbulletin is definately superior and at least during this session it appears faster.

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Is there anyway to add links back to the forums at the bottom of a thread above the quick reply box, like the ones that are at the top. Right now you have to go below the quick-reply box and use the Forum Jump drop-down box. That works fine, but the extra scrolling irritates me. ;)
You like?