• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush questions

MommaBear

Is anyone familiar with the terrain park on Lincoln Peak? Heading there Friday with a child that does not want to go - hoping to ply him with the terrain park. Or find him a non-sking family member to hang with for a few days.

Also, is Good Friday considered a holiday for opening hours? Or will lifts open at 10?

Thanks for any help and suggestions you have to offer.

Lostone

The terrain park at Lincoln Peak is really only a couple rails and a big Cabot wheel. The main park is over at North, which closed, yesterday.

On the other side... we do have terrain. ;-)

Pretty sure that neither Good Friday nor Easter is a holiday, for prices. Doubt it is for hours, either.

WWF-VT

Is your child a skier or boarder ? There are currently a few good terrain park features set up at the bottom of Spring Fling. Ride down Moonshine and take advantage of it's natural jumps / and turns on the way. My 14 year old snow boarder and 11 year old skier will be there on Friday.

Last edited:

Frank101

my question is if it's worth the 6 hour drive from my home to Sugarbush. What are the conditions like right now? Good coverage?

MommaBear

Thanks for the info! The child in question is a skier. His older brother is the snowboarder and can make fun where ever he goes - Moonshine sounds like fun for him. The skier has been spoiled by the terrain parks at Mount Snow. With your descriptions above, I think we could entice him if the snowboarder is willing to "play along".

We've learned from experience the past two years thou, that the spring conditions at Sugarbush just wear the poor kid out (and apparently, he has not forgotten that either which is why the usual bribes aren't quite working this time!). With temps forecasted in the 70's, I can't imagine this year will be any easier for him. Think I'll start shopping family and go from there.

Thanks again for the input! Hopefully, we will see you there! If you see a snowboarder in yellow pants doing flips off anything he can, that would be one of mine. :cool:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Is anyone familiar with the terrain park on Lincoln Peak? Heading there Friday with a child that does not want to go - hoping to ply him with the terrain park. Or find him a non-sking family member to hang with for a few days.

The park at LP is very small compared to ME.

Also, is Good Friday considered a holiday for opening hours? Or will lifts open at 10?

Unless the report indicates otherwise, 10-5. In the past GF has been normal hours.