Death of Manual Transmission ETA???? - Page 43

AlpineZone

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Sweet. The A5 is the best looking modern 4 seater convertible on the market IMO.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Sweet. The A5 is the best looking modern 4 seater convertible on the market IMO.

Get em while you can.

https://jalopnik.com/audi-drops-rema...els-1828446608

My current VW is manual... Love it.. Except in NYC
    The other VWs I'm looking at(New Golf Alltrack and Sportwagen) to buy new have manual..

Appropriate in regard to the thread title. Manual transmissions aren’t the main focus but it is briefly covered.:

https://youtu.be/sqtASrClFFc

Because I purchased a vehicle recently, this year I became hooked on all manner of YouTube videos reviewing cars of every type for every application. Off road, RVs, rooftop tents, road trips. Even after buying, I can’t stop watching this stuff. Some of the content is really impressive.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Anyone else think it's totally lame that there are so few cars being offered today with manual transmissions?
    I'm sure this has been said in this thread but I didn't read it: It's a response to the market. Nobody buys them.

My last 4 cars have been CRVs. Since they stopped offer a stick, I now drive an auto.

I used to justify the stick with mileage but the autos are as good or better now.

My new CRV 2018 has 31.7 mpg lifetime over 18,000 miles. That's very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    My last 4 cars have been CRVs. Since they stopped offer a stick, I now drive an auto.
    Ha, I actually test drove a 2004 CR-V EX with a 5 speed manual earlier this year. Nice low mileage and cheap. Too bad the clutch felt funky to me (and I know how those Hondas *should* feel, something was definitely wrong). Ended up picking up a 2009 Rav4 V6 instead with 28,000 miles... sadly no manual but a good transmission for low gearing and locking rear diff, etc at least.

It looks like I'll be keeping and eventually rebuilding the Subaru Legacy GT+ anyway so the wife will inherit the Rav4 and I'll get to keep driving a manual.

I also test drove a Nissan XTerra with a 6 speed manual but hated the vehicle overall.
    Last edited by bdfreetuna; Oct 5, 2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Appropriate in regard to the thread title. Manual transmissions aren’t the main focus but it is briefly covered.:

https://youtu.be/sqtASrClFFc

Because I purchased a vehicle recently, this year I became hooked on all manner of YouTube videos reviewing cars of every type for every application. Off road, RVs, rooftop tents, road trips. Even after buying, I can’t stop watching this stuff. Some of the content is really impressive.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone
    I am uncertainly entering the car market and one of the vehicles I am considering is a 2018 Nissan Versa with manual trans for $9100 new. This might be considered if my wife and I opt for the absolute lowest rock bottom price new econo-car. We are dinosaurs who learned to drive on stick shifts but haven't owned one in about 20 years. Our discussions are still all over the map and we're also considering a small 4wd pick-up truck or a four door convertible (in my dreams). I have also been watching utub auto reviews and one fascinating topic covered there is the crazy rise in price of pick-up trucks over the last 15 years. Many now fall into the $50-75K price range.

Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    I am uncertainly entering the car market and one of the vehicles I am considering is a 2018 Nissan Versa with manual trans for $9100 new. This might be considered if my wife and I opt for the absolute lowest rock bottom price new econo-car. We are dinosaurs who learned to drive on stick shifts but haven't owned one in about 20 years. Our discussions are still all over the map and we're also considering a small 4wd pick-up truck or a four door convertible (in my dreams). I have also been watching utub auto reviews and one fascinating topic covered there is the crazy rise in price of pick-up trucks over the last 15 years. Many now fall into the $50-75K price range.
    Wait you found a four door convertible? I don't think there's been any of those manufacturered since way, way, way back even on the ultra high end side of things. I'd recommend you go look at a Honda Fit if you are serious about that Versa, it's not even worth the $9K they are asking you for. You'd be 1,000% better off taking that same money and getting a pre-owned anything. The Versa was engineered and is still built to be an ultra low end model that is essentially a throw away car. Anything else at all will have been designed engineered and built better because it was meant to be much more than what it costs now.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

It's too bad Cadillac never went through with the Ceil concept.

Not that I could afford it

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ertible-again/

Quote Originally Posted by sull1102 View Post
    Wait you found a four door convertible? I don't think there's been any of those manufacturered since way, way, way back even on the ultra high end side of things. I'd recommend you go look at a Honda Fit if you are serious about that Versa, it's not even worth the $9K they are asking you for. You'd be 1,000% better off taking that same money and getting a pre-owned anything. The Versa was engineered and is still built to be an ultra low end model that is essentially a throw away car. Anything else at all will have been designed engineered and built better because it was meant to be much more than what it costs now.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    A salesman from Carmax told me to stay away from the Versa too, and look at the Corolla. But the Corolla is twice as much.

Thread Information