• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What beer are you drinking now?

Riverskier

I'm drinking a Sam Summer. Not really a fan at all; too much lemon. But there are two in the fridge, so have to make room for more beer.

I'll be moving on to Harpoon Octoberfest later on. I was very excited to see that in the store on Sunday. Octoberfest brews are beacon for me that winter is near. :daffy:

Do you like Gritty's Halloween? Just curious, as I know you lived in Maine for a while. By far my favorite Fall beer.

gorgonzola

still in summer beer mode with franciskaner draught, labatt's blue cans and an occasional bud light lime being the bverages of preference

roark

Y'all need to lay off the corporate tit a bit. Trust me, it tastes far better. Flying Dog's Raging Bitch belgian IPA tonight.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Do you like Gritty's Halloween? Just curious, as I know you lived in Maine for a while. By far my favorite Fall beer.

I like it better than Shipyard Pumpkin Head that's for sure. :puke:

Y'all need to lay off the corporate tit a bit. Trust me, it tastes far better. Flying Dog's Raging Bitch belgian IPA tonight.

I agree, but I've had some god awful small batch independent brews as well.

I'm 'drinking' Shipyard Summer right now. Heck it was 4.50 a six pack at the store today trying to dump it.

I used to be much more into beer. For whatever reason about 5 years ago, I became more of a wine drinker. I probably only drink 6 beers a month. I'll drink 6 bottles of wine some weeks though :lol:

wa-loaf

I am happy that the Oktoberfests are coming soon. Always look forward to Spaten's offering.

Spaten was always my least favorite of the Munich Beers when I lived there. Augustiner and Paulaner were my favs.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm toasted on budwieser right now, tryint to sober up form a ompany picinic so I van go home. it not going well..... :eek:

god dam, company picnics!!!!!! at leat they coudl have some gooooood beer!!!111!!!!!1!111111

BackLoafRiver

Discovered Victory Hop Devil this summer. It may be my new favorite IPA.

Victory has some of my favorite brews. Have you found the Hop Wallop yet??? It's pretty delicious.

Tonight tried two new IPA's - Smuttynose's Big A IPA and Heavy Seas Loose Cannon.

Smuttynose Two Old Guys IPA is one my favorites so I figured the Big A would be a good choice and man, was I right!!! Deliciously hoppy with a great finish. Big fan.

The Heavy Seas wasn't anything to write home about...pretty standard 7% IPA. Tasty, but wouldn't spend the $$ again on it.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
We are down at the shore this week. So we have an assortment depending on the tiome of day. For the beach: we have MGD's in cans. Not my first choice but light and refreshoing for the heat of the day. We also have some Dogfish Head 60's for a more robust evening brew. We refilled the quiver last night with some Stella's and ....something else, that I canKt remember right now.

drjeff

Had a few Landsharks and limes at a shrimp boil I was at this afternoon. Cold beers + shrimp boil + good live band = happy me! :)

SKIQUATTRO

cape cod beach blonde
sol
corona light

wont be till late sept/oct that i'll switch to the Octoberfests/pumpkin ales

gorgonzola

had a few acme ipa's over the weekend - ok brew with a great label!
brand-AcmeIPA.jpg

Riverskier

I like it better than Shipyard Pumpkin Head that's for sure. :puke:

Pumpkin Head (or any flavored beer for that matter) is definitely not for me. I was surprised to read recently that the Pumkin Head accounts for almost 20% of Shipyard's total ANNUAL sales. I guess for the most part it isn't their usual customers buying it though.

Riverskier

Victory has some of my favorite brews. Have you found the Hop Wallop yet??? It's pretty delicious.

Tonight tried two new IPA's - Smuttynose's Big A IPA and Heavy Seas Loose Cannon.

Smuttynose Two Old Guys IPA is one my favorites so I figured the Big A would be a good choice and man, was I right!!! Deliciously hoppy with a great finish. Big fan.

The Heavy Seas wasn't anything to write home about...pretty standard 7% IPA. Tasty, but wouldn't spend the $$ again on it.

I tried one other type of Victory long ago, but don't remember what, or even what I thought about it. Will have to try the Hop Wallop and some of the others you mentioned as well! I have always liked IPA's, but for some reason have been getting more into them lately than ever.