• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thanks for the TRs

Greg

Staff member
Thanks to everyone who is posting skiing trip reports. I think getting inside info on the conditions as well as specific trail conditions is very helpful. I hope you all are finding them useful as well. Keep 'em coming!

Greg

Staff member
Some more great TRs this week. Thanks everyone!

:beer:

Joshua B

Yup, very helpful

I'm really happy for everyone that was able to get out and ski over the MLK holiday weekend.

J

jlangdale

Yea, I think this is probably one of the best resources for New England skiing conditions. It's honest and non-biased.

I'm sorry my TRs are not as detailed as the others and don't adhere to the format. I have to admit, I don't read the long ones that much. I just like to know by a rough gauge if the skiing is good or bad and not so much the nook and crannies. But different strokes for different folks, I'm sure some people are happier with the most detail.

I'm a little spaced out when I ski or when I think about skiing. I'm visual. I'm usually listening to my tunes and looking out for some good photos. I'm just trying to have fun and go when and whereever. I sometimes have trouble remembering where I went all day if I didn't take a picture. And you know what they say... a picture is worth a thousand words.

Joshua B

When I read a trip report, the most important things I'm looking for are:

Percentage of open trails
Crowded or uncrowded lift lines and trails
Conditions

I'm also interested to read if the person and his or her party had a good time or not.

Greg

Staff member
jlangdale said:
But different strokes for different folks
Exactly. I like to write up detailed posts myself as it kind of chronicles my ski season. If someone else enjoys it, even better. I tend to read the long TRs of places I've been or frequent often. The short reports are just as useful though...