• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Deadliest Catch season 6

wa-loaf

That starts tonight? I haven't seen any promotion of it. It's up against LOST. It's going to have to wait 3 weeks or I'll catch up on re-runs.

Website
maps.google.com
i cant wait to see how the racist white man tried to destroy a poor 17 yr old child....i luv AI & his mother Juicy!! Big Annie....

im getting sick to my $ucking stomach watching this crap....all the rage i had when this was going on is all coming back to me....i experienced this first hand in september 1970 in bensonhurst brooklyn begining my first yr at seth low junior high....america is a country of racist scum....

Paul

Glenn

I watched the first 15 minutes or so. I dunno...I'm kinda thinking "jump the shark". It seems that Thom Beers has some good ideas for shows, they have a good seaon or two, then suddenly, the drama is ramped up. I used to like Axe Men. Now it's a show about some middle aged guy yelling at young greenhorns.

So last night, there's a shoving match before the season even starts. It just seemed kinda fabricated to me.

IMHO of course.

drjeff

Tough episode to watch indeed.

All in all though, this season has really been superior to any of the previous 5 IMHO, from the deeper family relationships being shown, to the cinematography that the Discovery Channel guys both on the crab boats and in the chase boats have taken to a new level

Glenn

I didn't watch it. I don't like getting all bummed out before bed.

I also feel a bit "funny" about it in general. Yeah, I know the guy wanted the cameras rolling. But it still seems a little strange that it's done for ratings and money. Last week, or the week before, they were running ads about "the highest rated episode yet!"...and I think that's the one where he had the stroke. Just seems a bit morbid IMHO. But it is what it is. I don't want to sound preachy. The show is a huge success and you can't argue with that.

drjeff

I didn't see the entire episode. What exactly was Phil suffering from?

Dork, a couple of episodes ago, Phil suffered a large stroke during the offloading of the CM. Medivac flight to Anchorage, surgery to removal part of his skull to remove the clot/reduce the pressure/swelling on his brain.

Just before (and who knows exactly how long due to editing) his younger son Jake admitted to Phil that he was an addict, and Phil basically initially said that he wanted Jake out of his life.