• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing Proposals

thetrailboss

Staff member
Anyone done it? This guy did at Killington:

20431_318684919400_34949209400_3474414_63787_n.jpg

Last edited:

ctenidae

My sister in law and her husband got married at Whistler a few years ago. Didn't even invite us...

reefer

jaywbigred just did it at Jackson..........he posted a report a couple weeks agao. I think he had it on video also.

Glenn

I think someone did it Mt Snow this season. I thought I saw a comment on their flikr page or something.

frozencorn

Got married in the shadow of Mt. Mansfield, but not a proposal.

catskillman

A mountain ranger did it at the top of Hunter a couple of years ago. Went all out. Had TV coverage, violin players, confetti. Mtn mgt was very involved in making it happen and snuck non skiing family members up to see it.

Not sure if they got married yet, but I see they are still together.

SIKSKIER

No proposals but been to many weddings on top of Cannon.On second thought my divorce was finalized at Cannon.That was a great proposal for both of us.Still see each other there all the time.(with other partners)

jerryg

Got engaged in the middle of Milky Way Bowl at Heavenly. :fangun:

Bumpsis

I proposed at The Headwall, Crested Butte. Very uplifting experience which I highly recommend, providing that your wife to be can handle the steeps.

vcunning

Somewhat related . . . my wife and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this year at the base of Mount Snow. We'll be having an outdoor ceremony at the Pergola that's in front of the Grand Summit Hotel (see photo below)

Poor planning on my part . . . we got married in July. We should have got married in January and I could have had these FanGuns blowing an archway of snow over us.

pergola.jpg

jaywbigred

jaywbigred just did it at Jackson..........he posted a report a couple weeks agao. I think he had it on video also.

Yup, got engaged at Jackson this year in Rawlin's Bowl. Had to find something that was empty, and there was a reason it was empty: as a result of the hadn't-snowed-in-3-weeks snow, baking in the 50 degree sun, the conditions made it challenging for my fiance to navigate with much rhythm (she doesn't have the strongest legs, heavy skis that are only 70 something underfoot, first run of the day, etc), but she eventually got down:

I think someone did it Mt Snow this season. I thought I saw a comment on their flikr page or something.

I just saw this. http://www.flickr.com/photos/willsisti/4412081158/