• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Race Report: Root 66 Winding Trails Classic 4/18/2010

bvibert

Staff member
Just 2 for the Cat 3's. 5.5 miles per lap.

Maybe not for you, but to me that sounds like a decent length race for that level. How long is the Cat 1 race?

I would like to try one of these races someday. Unfortunately I'll be out of town for the next race (which is practically right up the road from me)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Cat 1 was 4 laps, open/pro was 5. Cat 2 was 3 laps, and yeah, 11 miles is decent distance for me, esp. if since it's racing the whole time. Just out for a weekend ride it's not too long.

bvibert

Staff member
Cat 1 was 4 laps, open/pro was 5. Cat 2 was 3 laps, and yeah, 11 miles is decent distance for me, esp. if since it's racing the whole time. Just out for a weekend ride it's not too long.

I've yet to do a 11 mile ride yet this season, I don't think I could if I wanted to. Had a few last year, most of them were on fairly easy terrain though. If I go much longer than that at Nass I'll be dying, and that's with stopping, NOT racing the whole time. I think I have some conditioning to do. I want to start working some longer rides in this year...