• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Natural snow trails right now

Joshua B

Would it be a far stretch if I were to make a statement like this?

Right now across most of New England, the only trails that are open are snowmaking trails.

And thank goodness for this week's cold weather so ski areas can make more snow!

I

IndyJones

Perfects had to close Sunday for a lack of snow...but they opened up today with only 11/23 trails open. But tonight will usher in the snow making for a good lllooonnnggg time.

threecy

Website
www.franklinsites.com
This year and last year B-East and Killington have had the same amount of natural on the ground, pretty interesting. Seems the conditions are better down south.

R

redheadskier

Natural Snow Trails

We skied Bretton Woods over the Christmas/New Years vacation and I have to say they had GREAT conditions and lots of natural snow - they are getting storms that no one else has. Even the glade skiing was good (they don't make snow there!!!)

I was amazed at the number of lifts and trails added in the last year - is not the Bretton Woods of 20 (or even 10) years ago. Huge base lodge expansion too.

My skiing abilities is Advanced (I used to ski 100+ a year, now happy at 20+ a year, mostly ski Wildcat)- I was pretty happy!!!