• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mtn will open for 2010-11!

jrmagic

Looking at the forecasted temps I don't see much softening on tap for this weekend. As for the new snow I heard that we got somehere around 2-3 inches yesterday which so it willI depend on how much more we get this week. Talisman and Sorceror still have decent bases so a little more snow could make them decent. That said, the groomed terrain on the East side is skiing very very well which should work nicely for your son's friends.

makimono

One of the coolest things I've found about Magic is that everyone's friends there and the last 4 visits I've started the day solo and ended it skiing with someone new. Reefer, OG & RG, jrmagic, bumpskier and yesterday it was Do Work and MMP.

Still awesome conditions and cream cheese turns available and they'll be open at least one more weekend. :dunce:

Black Phantom

superman_advocate.jpg

djspookman

One of the coolest things I've found about Magic is that everyone's friends there and the last 4 visits I've started the day solo and ended it skiing with someone new. Reefer, OG & RG, jrmagic, bumpskier and yesterday it was Do Work and MMP.

Still awesome conditions and cream cheese turns available and they'll be open at least one more weekend. :dunce:

I heard you thought MMP was me, I'll be there Saturday though, along with my little cape-wearing clan. I'm a tele-dood, bearded, but taller than MMP ;)

makimono

I heard you thought MMP was me, I'll be there Saturday though, along with my little cape-wearing clan. I'm a tele-dood, bearded, but taller than MMP ;)

Yeah LOL, not sure what plan he was scheming up but he was definitely salivating at the opportunity to pin it on you :p Matt inadvertently blew his cover.

makimono

We need a caped mono-crusader :flag:

Oh man, I actually have a perfect magicians cape and top hat...have to work Saturday :cry:

Sunday might be possible, but I just bought a banana suit with the intention of pond skimming my bright yellow Duret Legende (The Screamin' Chiquita) at Wachusetts closing day party...not sure what to do. :dunce:

orangegondola

Website
www.chairlift.org
Oh man, I actually have a perfect magicians cape and top hat...have to work Saturday :cry:

Sunday might be possible, but I just bought a banana suit with the intention of pond skimming my bright yellow Duret Legende (The Screamin' Chiquita) at Wachusetts closing day party...not sure what to do. :dunce:

Quit work

Scruffy

Cape Day ? umm .. A friend of mine and I were skiing somewhere this year, (can't remember where or when, might of been Whitefish Montana) , and saw a group of kids skiing with capes tied around there necks thru the woods. My inital thought was that was good way to break your neck if the cape snagged on a tree limb. Make sure if you tie it around your neck to use something that will breakaway easily.

makimono

I think they made a movie about that...three kids that were skiing in capes and got hung up and devoured by wolves or frozen to death or something.

Whitefish, MT is my favorite spot on the planet btw. :beer: