Northborough RAL (ride at lunch) - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You could potentially use the derailleur from your old bike and get some new shifters... If the derailleur is still in good shape that is. I really dislike the sram shifters too, so I feel your pain.

Brian

I'm going to keep the old bike intact. I may still want to ride HT at times and it will be good for riding around with the kids.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    I'm going to keep the old bike intact. I may still want to ride HT at times and it will be good for riding around with the kids.
    That's what I figured, but I wanted to throw it out there. I may have a Shimano rear derailleur I could give you, I'd have to look though...

Does the bike seem to fit you well?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Does the bike seem to fit you well?
    I think so. I want to make a few tweaks and take a longer ride before I make a final decision.

Ordered the shock pump, will be here tomorrow. I also downloaded the manual and my weight puts me at the top end for the psi. I'll check where Jeff set it and pump it up more if needed. I guess I also need to play with the rebound as well.

Also, check the tire pressure, might be more than your use to in there too. I tend to run them high since I hate changing tubes on the trail due to pinch flats.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

BTW I was reading some of the pump reviews on Amazon and there are some real morons out there. "really nice pump, but it took forever to pump up my tires"

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    BTW I was reading some of the pump reviews on Amazon and there are some real morons out there. "really nice pump, but it took forever to pump up my tires"
    Couldn't imagine why???

Brian

I was running the fork at 125(they say you can goto about 225psi) and the rear shock around 160 for my weight(185). Just bring the shock pump with you on the ride so you can play around.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I was running the fork at 125(they say you can goto about 225psi) and the rear shock around 160 for my weight(185). Just bring the shock pump with you on the ride so you can play around.
    Pumped up the rear to 185 and the front 170! Tires were a little low too. Taking it out tomorrow.

Thread Information