Northborough RAL (ride at lunch) - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Pumped up the rear to 185 and the front 170! Tires were a little low too. Taking it out tomorrow.
    Felt much better today with suspension pumped up and the seat pushed back a bit. Only hit the pedals once on the ride. I do have trouble getting around tight turns especially hairpins. That might just take me some practice since the geometry is different than what I'm used to.

Rear brake squeaks a bit from rubbing. Anybody know the best way to take care of that?
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Felt much better today with suspension pumped up and the seat pushed back a bit. Only hit the pedals once on the ride. I do have trouble getting around tight turns especially hairpins. That might just take me some practice since the geometry is different than what I'm used to.

Rear brake squeaks a bit from rubbing. Anybody know the best way to take care of that?
    The brakes are mechanical, turn the red knobs(one on both sides of the caliper) to adjust in or out.

I can only do a tight hairpin turn to the left for some dumb reason.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Take it off...

Seriously; make sure the rotor isn't bent, it's not hard for them to get slightly bent and then rub in one spot. If it's bent then try to bend it back. You won't get it perfectly straight, but you should be able to get it straight enough. What kind of brakes are they? BB7s, or BB5s IIRC? You'll generally want to make sure the caliper is centered over the rotor. If it's a BB7 then you can cheat a little with the pad wear adjustments on either side of the caliper. There's pretty good setup instructions for Avid brakes on SRAM's website. I'm not really sure all of the details since I've never actually worked on any cable actuated disc brakes, but I've done a lot of reading on the BB series of brakes since I was going to get a set a while back.
    Brian

Got another ride in today. Getting into the groove with the bike and the trail so I'm making much better time. The trail is also getting a little more traffic so the pine needles and what-not are getting cleared off some. Crossed over rt 20 today and there's a lot more trail over there. More rolling and twisting stuff that's not very technical but very fun. It also seems to be in better shape as far a debris on the trial goes. Found a bunch of junked cars too.

Always nice to explore new trails and see what had been left behind. I wish I had trails near my house that I could ride to.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Always nice to explore new trails and see what had been left behind. I wish I had trails near my house that I could ride to.
    If you are passing through on a Thurs or Fri around noon, give me heads up and we can go for a ride.

If you are passing through on a Thurs or Fri around noon, give me heads up and we can go for a ride.
    Should he bring a comforter? Can he take a shower at your place?
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Can he take a shower at your place?
    Only if Greg says it's OK.

FINALLY got back out on the bike again. It took taking the afternoon off so I can fit in everything I need to do before heading to Maine tomorrow. Good ride all the running is paying off fitness wise. Got all the way to Boundary street this time around. Didn't take pics, but I did get the gps going on it so here's the ride: http://rnkpr.com/a65wqa

Lots of poison ivy has popped up since I last went. Don't think I hit any, but I feel itchy ... so I washed myself down. Now lunch and lawn mowing.

wa-loaf

I was thinking of doing part of that ride on Wed after work around 6:45, starting at Boundray Street hitting RTE 20 then turning back, what do you think just under 3 miles roundtrip? I want to make sure I am done before dark. If I don't pass out on the ride out maybe I will cross 20 if time allows for it.

Seems like a pretty flat ride, which is what I am looking for.

Are there any signs at the start of the trail on Boundray, how is parking?

TIA.

HD
    I Love Apres'

Thread Information