• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunting season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvibert

Staff member
For those who MTB in CT; I just read on crankfire that turkey hunting season started yesterday (April 28th) and runs through May 29th. Hunting is permitted in state forests from 1/2 hour before sunrise until noon Monday through Saturday.

Watch out if you ride in CT State Forests before noon on any day but Sunday.

o3jeff

Shouldn't we be able to ride the Scoville area since that is private property(water dept land) without having to worry about the hunters? At least it looks that way from the map link posted there.

dmc

I wouldn't expect hunters to completely abide by the rules.

Why would you say such a thing? :roll:

My friends that hunt are pretty straight up..

If I wasn't working - I'd be out for turkey with them right now...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Why would you say such a thing? :roll:

My friends that hunt are pretty straight up..

If I wasn't working - I'd be out for turkey with them right now...

Because I used to work in City Hall, which issued hunting permits, and heard the stories.

Not saying that across the field it's a problem... but there were definitely complaints.

dmc

Because I used to work in City Hall, which issued hunting permits, and heard the stories.

Not saying that across the field it's a problem... but there were definitely complaints.

Is it limited to hunters?

Do you know if it's a problem in all of the NE or just your town?

Just came across as a negative generalization.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Is it limited to hunters?

Do you know if it's a problem in all of the NE or just your town?

Just came across as a negative generalization.
Do I really have to qualify everything so specifically? I thought people were intelligent enough to understand that as a general warning without it picking on every hunter specifically, especially since it was more a concern for safety than a calling out of hunters, about whom, I really could care less one way or the other.

Please be forewarned: In the City of Torrington in the State of Connecticut and nowhere else in the world, there have been, in the past, incidents of some but not all hunters who have hunted outside of official hours and off property where they were allowed.... or received permits to hunt on property other than designated hunting land. In the spirit of "it's better to be safe than sorry," please take this into consideration. This is not an attack on the hunters themselves--but rather, please be aware that there is a possibility of hunting during hunting season but ONLY in Torrington. That is all.

Better?

dmc

Do I really have to qualify everything so specifically? I thought people were intelligent enough to understand that as a general warning without it picking on every hunter specifically, especially since it was more a concern for safety than a calling out of hunters, about whom, I really could care less one way or the other.

Please be forewarned: In the City of Torrington in the State of Connecticut and nowhere else in the world, there have been, in the past, incidents of some but not all hunters who have hunted outside of official hours and off property where they were allowed.... or received permits to hunt on property other than designated hunting land. In the spirit of "it's better to be safe than sorry," please take this into consideration. This is not an attack on the hunters themselves--but rather, please be aware that there is a possibility of hunting during hunting season but ONLY in Torrington. That is all.

Better?

You don't have to do anything you don't feel like doing...

But generally - Make a negative statement about a group of people - you should back it up.... or not...

We don't want anyone locking threads for throwing people under the bus as shown in the last couple of days

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

Better?

I always feel the LOVE between you two.

gmcunni

Better?

but what if someone outside of Torrington gets hurt in a freak hunting/biking accident. i think you are liable since you specifically stated the potential issue only exists in T-town. you might be sued over this, you'd better get a lawyer, quick.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I just want clarity.. And understanding...

No... you want conflict and chaos. You instigate it often.

There is a difference between making a statement that essentially comes down to better safe than sorry and defaming a business in the heat of passion. Really... I know you're a smart guy. I'm sure you can see the difference. You just used it as an opportunity to flame the fires again. Let's be honest here.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
but what if someone outside of Torrington gets hurt in a freak hunting/biking accident. i think you are liable since you specifically stated the potential issue only exists in T-town. you might be sued over this, you'd better get a lawyer, quick.

Sorry... I can only comment on the area where i have heard it specifically. If the condition exists elsewhere, proceed at your own caution as I have no specific knowledge that can indicate whether or not this is a risk outside of this one particular, specific city.

o3jeff

Better?

I should be ok riding in Burlington then.

dmc

No... you want conflict and chaos. You instigate it often.

There is a difference between making a statement that essentially comes down to better safe than sorry and defaming a business in the heat of passion. Really... I know you're a smart guy. I'm sure you can see the difference. You just used it as an opportunity to flame the fires again. Let's be honest here.

haha....

your awesome...

I hunt... And don't really appreciate blanketed negative statements about it... You've probably observed that I will call out negative statements about activities... Stores... etc...

As a smart person - maybe you could clarify better... wrap some context around what you say..
I don't know you... I don't pretend to know you... Maybe next time just say - In my experience because I saw X and Y occur - again.... Or not...

Your choice to even respond... And you always do... :)

gmcunni

I should be ok riding in Burlington then.

wear safety orange, just to be safe.

not that other bright colors won't work also, i'd hate to discriminate against bright yellow, neon green, florescent pink and others (the list is long and i intend no disrespect to the colors i didn't specifically mention).

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
wear safety orange, just to be safe.

not that other bright colors won't work also, i'd hate to discriminate against bright yellow, neon green, florescent pink and others (the list is long and i intend no disrespect to the colors i didn't specifically mention).

Fluorescent pink would be nice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.