• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nass - 5/31/10

bvibert

Staff member
A disappointing start to Memorial day for me. About 3 or 4 miles into a 7am ride with Greg and o3Jeff I broke the frame on my bike. Guess I'm back to the HT for a while again. :smash:

Aside from that it was a nice morning for a ride, I guess.

o3jeff

Quit being such and animal on them!;-) But it sucks that you can't catch break with your bikes.

Hopefully we'll see you back out on the HT this week.

MR. evil

A disappointing start to Memorial day for me. About 3 or 4 miles into a 7am ride with Greg and o3Jeff I broke the frame on my bike. Guess I'm back to the HT for a while again. :smash:

Aside from that it was a nice morning for a ride, I guess.

Bummer! Where did it break? The rear triangle?

Greg

Staff member
Felt great to get back out on the bike. And the start of the ride was a lot of fun riding with Jeff and Brian. Kinda like the old days when we all first started riding at Nass. Sorry about the frame break Brian. Weird thing is, you were powering up a pretty mellow and flat little hill. Brian was flying up until the point. Oh well, HT it until you can replace the frame.

Greg

Staff member
Oh and Woodcore's trail through the valley of the ferns is sweet.

30396_1493111174238_1427801259_31320974_7234274_n.jpg

WoodCore

Sorry about the bike B! I must have just missed you guys this morning regardless I did get word that you cracked your frame but at the time didn't think it would be as catastrophic as it was. Holy crap! Where did it happen?

bvibert

Staff member
Sorry about the bike B! I must have just missed you guys this morning regardless I did get word that you cracked your frame but at the time didn't think it would be as catastrophic as it was. Holy crap! Where did it happen?

It happened on your trail, in the beginning half, probably close to halfway through..

MR. evil

Brian, you seemed to really like the DW link suspension on that bike, are you going to give IH another try or go another route?

bvibert

Staff member
I'll be riding the HT for a while. I don't have any extra money to be replacing the bike right now. If an affordable MKIII front triangle comes along in my size I'll give that a shot, otherwise I'll probably be looking for something else next season. I won't buy another MKIII, I just have no faith in the frames at this point. I would consider a 6point under the right circumstances. I'll have to see what comes along, I'm doubtful that another IH or DW-link is in my future (at least my immediate future, I do love the DW-link).

bvibert

Staff member
How much $ for your rear triangle? Can't hurt to have a spare.

I'm going to hold onto it for a bit, in case a front triangle comes up. Once I give up on that idea you'll be the first in line to buy the rear triangle.