What do you ride? - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Evil Imperial, 2 speed.

If it ain't Poe, I don't go.

Specialized Stumpjumper Team 15 yrs old, rigid ,suntour components. Still a good ride but I need to find suspencion fork 1" sterring head May not be easy!!

Started as a GT Tequesta, but now the only original equipment left is the frame and the stem (flipped upside down).

RockShox Duke Race
    XT derailleurs/shifters
    TruVativ crank
    Eggbeaters
    Avid brakes
    Rolf wheelset
    Bontrager semi-slick / WTB Velociraptor tires
    Selle Italia SLR saddle

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    skibum...how do you like those eggbeaters? Are they compatible with spd cleats? I'm seriously thinking about getting a pair of those. I was out on the trails 2 weeks ago, and my shimano pedals were getting all iced up...pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by madman
    Specialized Stumpjumper Team 15 yrs old, rigid ,suntour components. Still a good ride but I need to find suspencion fork 1" sterring head May not be easy!!
    Marzocchi still makes one, its about 300 bucks though...

dave

Quote Originally Posted by marcski
    skibum...how do you like those eggbeaters? Are they compatible with spd cleats? I'm seriously thinking about getting a pair of those. I was out on the trails 2 weeks ago, and my shimano pedals were getting all iced up...pain in the arse.
    Marc-I'm using Time ATAC's , which are a similar design to the eggbeaters, and I love them. the work well in all conditions, i've never had any problems at all with mud, and only minor icing (kicked the pedal and it was clear). I imagine the egg beaters work very similar to that.

dave

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Dave: What's the difference between yours and the eggbeaters. My shimano's got so iced over the other day..never happened that bad before, even though I rode in snow. Plus, I just like the simple, less is more design.

Quote Originally Posted by marcski
    I love them. They are easier to get in and out of then the SPD pedals I have used and I have never gotten them so clogged up with mud/snow/ice/whatever that they didn't function as designed. SPD cleats won't work, you'll need the eggbeater cleats that come with the pedals.

DBR Racing (Diamond Back) WCF Vertex model, carbon fiber frame w/ stock Shimano Deore LX components, 24 speed, Manitou front fork. I bought this new in 1995.

Has served me well over the years.

My road bike is a Specialized SLX E5 frame build up with a C3 carbon fork and cosmos wheels, mostly ultegra with some lower end parts Its heavy but pretty bombproof.

My MTB is a mid 90's trek Y3 with a complete mix of parts and manatour triple clamp forks. Its pretty much just a beater. It got a ton of use in High school, I dont do alot of mountain biking anymore.

Thread Information