AlpineZone

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Welcome Doro, post often.
    not really too much time spent on bustedspoke I guess

My bikes:

Gary Fisher Cake2 - XC

Bianchi G.U.S.S. - Single Speed

I just bought the Giant Trance 2. I can't wait to get it now .
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

Road - (1989?) Mangusta 7000 -- soon to be replaced
    MTB - Rocky Mtn Slayer 50 - just placed order yesterday and very psyched
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

Road - 1987 Trek 1200
    MTB - Giant 860ATX hardtail

Quote Originally Posted by cbcbd
    Road - (1989?) Mangusta 7000 -- soon to be replaced
    MTB - Rocky Mtn Slayer 50 - just placed order yesterday and very psyched
    The Slayer is great. I had the opportunity with a local bike shop to demo it a couple of times and loved it, but wanted more bikes than paying the same price for one.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEr
    The Slayer is great. I had the opportunity with a local bike shop to demo it a couple of times and loved it, but wanted more bikes than paying the same price for one.
    I agree but I have had some problems. I bought the slayer as good transfer bike from ht to fully. I have had the bike less than 2 months and already bent the frame. A very minimal bend but it goes to show if you do alot of fr than this is not the bike to choose. Overall I still love the bike but it will last me this season until I buy something a little beefier.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEr
    It's a great bike and since my old one was stolen last year it's about time for a new one. I got a pretty good deal on it, otherwise I would've gone for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Doro
    I agree but I have had some problems. I bought the slayer as good transfer bike from ht to fully. I have had the bike less than 2 months and already bent the frame. A very minimal bend but it goes to show if you do alot of fr than this is not the bike to choose. Overall I still love the bike but it will last me this season until I buy something a little beefier.
    Wow, where in the frame did it bend? Before ordering the bike the only concerns that people I talked to had about Rocky Mtn was that the quality sometimes was hit or miss.
    What size frame did you get? I spoke to our RM rep and right now they are sold out of their 15", I got the 16.5". The bike has been getting great reviews and I know at least 2 guys (bike techs) who placed orders and one co-worker that also wants to get one - I wonder if the pressure of higher sales affected their QC?
    Since you got it recently I'd try getting in touch with them and seeing if they could do something for you - fix or replace. You'll probably have to wait a while, but it's worth a shot.
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

I've also heard RM quality is hit or miss.

I currently ride an '05 Iron Horse Azure Comp with lots of upgrades. Love the DW Link suspension design and think it's probably the most efficient out there (Like it much better than Spec. VPP) I've had terrible luck with my rock shox rear shock and will be switching to a Cane Creek AD12 which thankfully lacks any kind of propedal type valving and is super linear and easy to work on.

Don't ride on the road anymore as I've already gone through 8 of my 9 roadie lives due to a few incidents with bad drivers.

I'll post some pics of the Azure one of these days.

I also do most of my riding in Chittenden county. Ride a lot at Sleepy Hollow, Mobbs Valley and race when I can at Catamount.

I was looking at getting the Iron Horse MKIII Expert. The DW Link is a killer design. I ended up going for the Giant Trance 2, which has the Maestro (basically a rip-off of the DW-Link).
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

Thread Information