• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What do you ride?

Greg

Staff member
Okay - so here's a thread to get things started. What are you pedaling?

I have an old Trek 930 circa 1995 and a 2005 Jamis Cross Country 1.0. Haven't even ridden the Jamis yet. My wife bought it for my birthday last year. Will have to try and get out on it this summer...

trailertrash

litespeed ocoe
jenson ti frame road bike made by litespeed with full durace and kyseriums (sp)
bianchi pista fixed gear
specialized s-works set up as a trials bike
giant cfr3 franken bike for the trainer

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
This is from the "Great road biking weather" thread in Misc.:

My three bikes have been put together by me.

Mountain bike:
2001-ish GT Marathon I-drive frame (only sold in Europe?)
XTR derailleurs
XT Shifters/levers
Avid mech. disc breaks
Mavic X221 disc rims/XT hubs/DT double butted spokes built by me
Race Face Exodus crank
Shimano M797 pedals
Marzocchi Marathon S Air/Coil fork
Fox Float RL air rear shock

Road bike:
2003 Lemond Victoire Ti frame
Spinergy Rev X Superstiff wheels
Ritchey road pedals
Full 2003 9 spd Dura Ace
Double crank, 12-27 cassette

and I still have my old GT mtn bike which was a solid ride, the Rebound
Stock wheels, sold my Mavics
Acera X shifters, crank, front der., brakes
XT rear der.
Marzocchi Z4 Fly-light air sprung fork

And of course, as on all my mountain bikes, WTB Velociraptor tires, the best as far as I've found.

Here's a shot of me on my GT:

05552124cf1d443ffc6069913df081b4-.jpg

I love that bike. I've had to do a little problem solving with that big i-drive bearing, but since I've worked the bugs out (no thanks to GT engineers) it has treated me very well.

skibum1321

Mountain: Raleigh M80 hardtail (I'm shopping for either an Iron Horse MKIII Comp or Giant Trance 2)
Road: Giant TCR2

PowderDeprived

Steel Framed Garry Fisher Hookoo e' koo I bought used. I think it is about 7 years old, but I am not sure. Anyway I upgraded it with a Rock Shocks Pilot XC fork, it used to have an Indy XC (I think that’s what it was, I gave it to a friend) a new saddle, and replaced the rear cassette, 2 of the front gears, and the chain. The old one had been on there to long, and stretched everything out. This is a great ride, bought it for about 200 bucks, and put 300 into it, and for 500 bucks it is better than allot of 1000-dollar hard tails. It is a bit sketchy during steep turns, but it has a great feel to it, and is pretty nice.

madman

Specialized Stumpjumper Team 15 yrs old, rigid ,suntour components. Still a good ride but I need to find suspencion fork 1" sterring head May not be easy!!

skibum9995

Started as a GT Tequesta, but now the only original equipment left is the frame and the stem (flipped upside down).

RockShox Duke Race
XT derailleurs/shifters
TruVativ crank
Eggbeaters
Avid brakes
Rolf wheelset
Bontrager semi-slick / WTB Velociraptor tires
Selle Italia SLR saddle

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
skibum...how do you like those eggbeaters? Are they compatible with spd cleats? I'm seriously thinking about getting a pair of those. I was out on the trails 2 weeks ago, and my shimano pedals were getting all iced up...pain in the arse.

djspookman

marcski said:
skibum...how do you like those eggbeaters? Are they compatible with spd cleats? I'm seriously thinking about getting a pair of those. I was out on the trails 2 weeks ago, and my shimano pedals were getting all iced up...pain in the arse.

Marc-I'm using Time ATAC's , which are a similar design to the eggbeaters, and I love them. the work well in all conditions, i've never had any problems at all with mud, and only minor icing (kicked the pedal and it was clear). I imagine the egg beaters work very similar to that.

dave

skibum9995

marcski said:
I love them. They are easier to get in and out of then the SPD pedals I have used and I have never gotten them so clogged up with mud/snow/ice/whatever that they didn't function as designed. SPD cleats won't work, you'll need the eggbeater cleats that come with the pedals.

skijay

DBR Racing (Diamond Back) WCF Vertex model, carbon fiber frame w/ stock Shimano Deore LX components, 24 speed, Manitou front fork. I bought this new in 1995.

Has served me well over the years.

Npage148

My road bike is a Specialized SLX E5 frame build up with a C3 carbon fork and cosmos wheels, mostly ultegra with some lower end parts Its heavy but pretty bombproof.

My MTB is a mid 90's trek Y3 with a complete mix of parts and manatour triple clamp forks. Its pretty much just a beater. It got a ton of use in High school, I dont do alot of mountain biking anymore.