• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Thanks for the info, zinger3K. Price Chopper's online ordering system http://www2.pricechopper.com/orderform/skipass.shtml hasn't been working. I was advised, though, that their ski passbooks were now in the stores and I could pick them up in a Price Chopper store at the service desk.

These look like good deals!

Woody

I had the same problem. Their support team was unhelpful and told me that no one else was reporting problems and their online store is working! :blink: I'll go to the store to purchase instead. Very odd.
FYI....

Since PC was insisting that the online order system was working, I thought it might be a browser or OS related issue. So I tried placing an order on IE8 in Win7 without pop up blockers and it went through. I had been trying to place the order on the latest version of Firefox in Ubuntu with blockers. Given that I did not isolate the exact problem through trial and error, I can not say for sure what is wrong. But I suspect it might be pop up blockers. Regardless, it seems to work in IE on windows, no blockers.

I wrote back to the unhelpful customer service agent via email to provide them with this information. I got a canned cut and paste response back telling me that there was a problem and they are trying to fix it. :blink: Yea, duh. I just told you the only three possible things that could have been causing the problem. :roll:

bousquet19

Well, I used the direct approach. I called a PC near my mom's home, they agreed to hold a passbook, and my mom picked it up ... now she wants to give it to me for Christmas.

Now there's a mom! :smile:

Woody

tt431

Pico season pass $80

"Learn To Ski/Ride FREE
Pico Mountain is offering free learning days for ages 7 and older from December 17-24. The free learning day includes limited lift ticket, rental equipment and lessons. Add two additional lessons, rentals and lift tickets for $30. After completing the 3-day Learn To Ski/Ride program, you can then purchase a Pico Season Pass for $50."

Got this email with the offer today.

abc

Pico season pass $80

"Learn To Ski/Ride FREE
Pico Mountain is offering free learning days for ages 7 and older from December 17-24. The free learning day includes limited lift ticket, rental equipment and lessons. Add two additional lessons, rentals and lift tickets for $30. After completing the 3-day Learn To Ski/Ride program, you can then purchase a Pico Season Pass for $50."

Got this email with the offer today.
No blackout pass? Wow!

Let's see. Maybe learn to board for 3 days...and get the pass for $50?

dannyglover

Hey everyone. I've lurked a lot on this forum and picked up deals here and there. I saw this deal this morning on buywithme.com and figured I'd share it since I did not see it posted. $29 vouchers valid for full-day passes to Pico. From the details:
You can buy as many vouchers as you’d like, and use them any day from December 17 when the resort opens until March 27, 2011 (except Jan 15-16 and Feb 19-20).

http://www.buywithme.com/boston

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey everyone. I've lurked a lot on this forum and picked up deals here and there. I saw this deal this morning on buywithme.com and figured I'd share it since I did not see it posted. $29 vouchers valid for full-day passes to Pico. From the details:

WOAH! This is great! Thanks for lurking! It looks like a Groupon-style offering.
Looks like it's only good today too.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Sugarloaf

There is also a midweek Sugarloaf deal over there too. next 12 hours only

$175 for 2 lift tickets and 1 night's lodging in Maine.

Your package includes lodging for one night (Sunday-Thursdays) for two guests at any of Sugarloaf’s on-mountain condominiums, two adult weekday lift tickets (Monday-Friday),

http://www.buywithme.com/ref/MQHPZ89A

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Amex

AMEX – Do you use an AMEX card? Get free tix and lessons at dozens of resorts.
http://tinyurl.com/29dzerw

Aspen/Snowmass
Beaver Creek
Breckenridge Ski Resort
Copper Mountain Resort
Deer Valley Resort
Destination Hotels & Resorts
Heavenly
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Keystone®
Killington Resort
Mammoth Mountain
Mont Tremblant
Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort
Park City Mountain Resort
Snowbird Ltd.
Snowshoe Mountain
Steamboat
Stowe Mountain Resort
Stratton Mountain Resort
The Canyons
Vail
Whistler Blackcomb
Winter Park Resort

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
One other thing regarding the CHAD card that I never paid attention to are the weekend tours. Virtually every weekend January - March there are stops at various mountains where you get 2 for 1 tickets.

The March options are most interesting to me.

March 5th - Jay Peak
March 12th - Wildcat
March 19th - Sugarbush

Wildcat would be the one I'm most excited about seeing how Peaks got rid of most of the good deals there. Hopefully conditions are good that weekend.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Golf and Ski Warerhouse 2010-11

Apply for a free affinity card (I got mine through the mail) and take advantage of these discounts:

As an All-Star Rewards Member, Enjoy These Exclusive Mountain Resort Partner Discounts for the 2010-2011 Winter Season

For more details click on the links below.
The BALSAMS Grand Resort Hotel
Dixville Notch, NH

Save up to 40% off throughout the entire winter!
Mount Sunapee Resort
Newbury, New Hampshire

40% off a mid-week, non-holiday period one-day lift ticket or $10.00 off a weekend or holiday period one-day lift ticket.
Okemo Mountain Resort
Ludlow, Vermont

25% off a mid-week, non-holiday period one-day lift ticket or $10.00 off a weekend or holiday period one-day lift ticket.
Shawnee Peak
Bridgton, Maine

$10.00 off a one-day adult lift ticket, $5.00 off a one-day junior lift ticket, $6.00 off all night lift tickets!
Saddleback Mountain
Rangeley, Maine

$10.00 off a weekday, non-holiday period one-day lift ticket*

gotr0

Going West?

Also long time lurker, rare poster. I saw this deal on the San Fransisco Groupon. It expires today 12/5. Could be used if you're on going to the west coast or given to a someone out there.

$20 for Winter Skiing and Snowboarding Discounts with the SnowBomb Silver Tahoe Card ($45 Value)

More details on the site
http://www.groupon.com/san-francisco/

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Also long time lurker, rare poster. I saw this deal on the San Fransisco Groupon. It expires today 12/5. Could be used if you're on going to the west coast or given to a someone out there.

$20 for Winter Skiing and Snowboarding Discounts with the SnowBomb Silver Tahoe Card ($45 Value)

More details on the site

Great post! Brings up a good point. with web browsing so easy, it is an excellent idea to troll for discounts outside your own geographic area. I do that with the "Entertainment" books.

nycskier

More details on the site

The SnowBomb Gold Tahoe Card is a better deal than the silver. Its comes with FREE lift ticket to Sugar Bowl (OR) Kirkwood.
FREE lift ticket to Dodge Ridge.
FREE lift ticket to China Peak on Jan 8th or 9th.
$5-$20 OFF every ticket purchased to 15+ mountain resorts.
FREE rentals, tune-ups and waxes at more than a dozen shops from San Francisco to Reno.
A one-year magazine subscription to your choice of SKI or Transworld Snowboard Magazine.
Unlimited access to discount lodging, dining and more all season long.

Here is the link:
http://www.snowbomb.com/store/itemdetail.php?item=PRD4BEAEBEA5A22B

Card is $49.99 until 12/15. If you plan to ski at Sugar Bowl or Kirkwood this season the card is a great deal.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ski NH is introducing the Holiday 2-Pack

[FONT=&quot]Ski NH is introducing the Holiday 2-Pack just in time for holiday shopping. Holiday 2-Packs are available only until December 22nd and offer a savings of $10-$17 off weekend/holiday lift tickets. Tickets are fully-transferable, making them an excellent gift idea for family, friends or even the gift giver! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Holiday 2-Pack consists of two or more fully transferable lift tickets which are valid any day during the 2010-11 ski season, including holidays and weekends. Tickets must be selected to at least two different ski areas, and are broken down into six price categories of $20, $30, $43, $53, $55 and $65 per ticket. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
For full details on the package and how to order visit SkiNH.com[/FONT]