• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

nycskier

I know a lot of people here were using the Rossignol search & win promo to get free ski gear. While Rossignol ended their promo contest Sessions and Ride Snowboards still have theirs.

Here are the banner links to them:

I got a lot of good free gear from Rossignol and am now working on getting some stuff from Ride.

skivideoguy

See Ski Films - get Elk Mountain Voucher

Hey Skiers,

I saw the Winter Go Play brochure here last year and used that at Sugarbush. Wanted to give something back to the group. If you are near Eastern Pa - Bethlehem is hosting a ski film festival called Stoketoberfest Oct 22-23 with 5 ski films from 4 film companies organized into 3 sessions of 2 films each. The Meatheads movie repeats. For $15 (online price) you get to watch 2 ski movies, copy of Powder Magazine and a free voucher to Elk Mountain. Plus chance for swag and raffle prizes. No brainer just based on the ticket voucher. Google Stoketoberfest to find the website.

See you on the hill.

twinplanx

Pays to shop around. The NH resorts concluded about a year ago that they were "giving tickets away" at rates they didn't need to. Or so they think.

Another suggestion. Friend Liftopia on Facebook. I won a $10 coupon from them in a photo contest last week. Actually, a LOT of people won.

Did Liftopia, become LiftTickets.com or something like that? I thought I had "friended" them last season on FB. Now I'm having trouble finding Liftopia on FB. I find, in my situation that discounts like those offered on-line are the way to go.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just picked up my Ride and Ski New England Card for the season.

my first ticket/pass purchase for the upcoming year. :daffy:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Just picked up my Ride and Ski New England Card for the season.

my first ticket/pass purchase for the upcoming year. :daffy:
Cool. I didn't know they were already taking purchases. Their tour info is still from last year. Though their web page says they are adding Canadian areas (as well as some out west). Gotta get that passport card in, ASAP. Time to buy that R&S Card if it is available so that is done. My APR for MRG just showed up to so that is a Mad Card as well.

Evmo

Did Liftopia, become LiftTickets.com or something like that? I thought I had "friended" them last season on FB. Now I'm having trouble finding Liftopia on FB. I find, in my situation that discounts like those offered on-line are the way to go.

Hey Twinplanx,

Those guys have no affiliation with Liftopia, though they seem to be super aggressive on Facebook about trying to target our users. It will be interesting to see if they are able to get any deals on their site during their first season.

On the other side of things, Liftopia is entering its 5th season and should have 150-200 resorts on our site with deals. Keep an eye out for lots of new things (launching in the next couple weeks), and we will be giving away massive quantities of schwag on Facebook, so we'll see you guys there!

Looking forward to a great season, and as always, please let us know if you have any ideas as to how we can improve our site.

Evmo

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey Twinplanx,

Those guys have no affiliation with Liftopia, though they seem to be super aggressive on Facebook about trying to target our users. It will be interesting to see if they are able to get any deals on their site during their first season.

On the other side of things, Liftopia is entering its 5th season and should have 150-200 resorts on our site with deals. Keep an eye out for lots of new things (launching in the next couple weeks), and we will be giving away massive quantities of schwag on Facebook, so we'll see you guys there!

Looking forward to a great season, and as always, please let us know if you have any ideas as to how we can improve our site.

Evmo

Hey Evmo,
Would you please see if you can work a deal with Ullr? I'd gladly pay an extra 20-spot for a 12" powder day. ;)

Evmo

Hey Evmo,
Would you please see if you can work a deal with Ullr? I'd gladly pay an extra 20-spot for a 12" powder day. ;)

My direct line to Ullr told me that if everyone invites their friends to "like" liftopia on Facebook, NE resorts will get a regular pounding this season. With no rain days, and no temps less than 15... :)

gmcunni

My direct line to Ullr told me that if everyone invites their friends to "like" liftopia on Facebook, NE resorts will get a regular pounding this season. With no rain days, and no temps less than 15... :)

thumbs-up.png
Gary likes Liftopia - Discount Lift Tickets (Online Store).

Last edited:

twinplanx

Hey Twinplanx,

Evmo

I used Liftopia a couple times last season. Got a good deal on some tix to Magic... I was so pleased w/ the way it worked I will use Liftopia again this season for sure(if you could get Magic on board again that would be an added bonus). I'm not even sure how I friended the other guys.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The Point

Wear your button to the participating mountain each week, and present the appropriate voucher from your coupon book to get the half-price deal. Be sure to join us at 4 pm for the Harpoon Apres-Ski & Ride Party in the lodge. We'll chill-out after a day on the slopes and give away a ton of terrific prizes which could include TSL Snowshoes, Vermont Teddy Bears, gift certificates and loads more!
Buttons are non-transferable. ONLY 2010 "Ski and Ride with The Point" buttons are acceptable and you MUST have the Coupon for each Ski & Ride Event at time of ticket purchase.

Buttons cost $3

http://www.pointfm.com/skiandride/

Jan 8: Jay
Jan 15: Sugarbush
Jan 22: Mad River
Jan 24: Trapp Family lodge x-country
Jan 29: Smuggler's Notch
Feb 5: Burke Mountain
Feb 12: Bolton Valley
Feb 19: Dartmouth Skiway
Feb 26: Ragged Mountain
March 5: Sugarbush