Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkroon9175 View Post
    I cut my purchase back this year on SKI NH passes. The value isn't the same as it was several years ago. With Liftopia and promos that the mountains conduct, a skier or rider can get better deals elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    Pays to shop around. The NH resorts concluded about a year ago that they were "giving tickets away" at rates they didn't need to. Or so they think.

Another suggestion. Friend Liftopia on Facebook. I won a $10 coupon from them in a photo contest last week. Actually, a LOT of people won.
    Unless they changed the system, I think the passes are part of the compensation that the SkiNH participants provide to the program.

When I first started skiing they were a great deal. Now...not much of a discount. I usually get them to get some kind of break during holiday weeks and weekends, but I'd rather go through Liftopia if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkroon9175 View Post
    I cut my purchase back this year on SKI NH passes. The value isn't the same as it was several years ago. With Liftopia and promos that the mountains conduct, a skier or rider can get better deals elsewhere
    We used to do well with them; we'd split the package among two or three families. That's still part of the attraction...the fact that they're totally transferrable...you can sell them on Craig's list or eBay.

We stopped dealing with them when the AllNewEngland pass became a better deal for our situation.
    ~ Marie
    "Decide what to be, and go be it."

Quote Originally Posted by WakeboardMom View Post
    We used to do well with them; we'd split the package among two or three families. That's still part of the attraction...the fact that they're totally transferrable...you can sell them on Craig's list or eBay.

We stopped dealing with them when the AllNewEngland pass became a better deal for our situation.
    Actually, legally you can't...

TRANSFERABILITY RESTRICTIONS: These vouchers are part of the Ski NH Anywhere, Anytime Pass, which is being sold to an individual or company. Public resale to other parties via any form of advertising (including online auction websites such as eBay or Craigslist), or transfer of vouchers on the property of any Ski NH resort is strictly prohibited and violation will result in revocation, without refunds, of all unused vouchers of this package, and may result in prosecution in accordance with New Hampshire Statues RSA 637:8 “Theft of Services.”
    IIRC trying to re-sell tickets here on AZ got canned because of concerns about this type of problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Actually, legally you can't...

IIRC trying to re-sell tickets here on AZ got canned because of concerns about this type of problem.
    Interesting. It seems to me that back in the day the only restrictions were that you couldn't sell them in the mountain's parking lot.
    ~ Marie
    "Decide what to be, and go be it."

The Colorado Gems Card is out. Cost is $10. Gets you lots of discounts out there...

http://www.coloradoski.com/Resorts/Gems/GemsCard/

Thumbs up Club Members Ski at Burke VT $15 - Friday Jan 14, 2011

Just got this from Burke Marketing:

"I wanted to let you and your club know that this year’s ski club open house will be on Friday, January 14, 2011. We will offer $15 full day lift tickets to anyone who shows a valid ski club ID from ANY ski club (one ticket per valid ID). There will also be an après ski party starting at 2pm at the Tamarack Grill in the Sherburne Base Lodge. There will be food, prizes, etc. It was really fun last year and we had a big turn out."

So... Join a club, any club (like ACE) .... We've been through this before, you'll save a lot of $$ eclipsing your membership fee!
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Bill- Any word on what mountains and what discounts will be offered through Ace this season? I recall a few of the larger VT resorts held out until the very last second last year for ski clubs. Would be interested in joining but specifically interested in certain areas. Just wondering when you guys find out and if you find out what deals are offered before or after memberships are due?
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    Bill- Any word on what mountains and what discounts will be offered through Ace this season? I recall a few of the larger VT resorts held out until the very last second last year for ski clubs. Would be interested in joining but specifically interested in certain areas. Just wondering when you guys find out and if you find out what deals are offered before or after memberships are due?
    We already had our "mail sale" in July. In general, most of the VT tix will have been scarfed up (whith a few less popular exceptions). I am not privy to the details of quanties remaining. However, terms of Ski NH allow for continued club sales without limits. Ski NH resorts jacked up their prices to clubs significantly 2 years ago. I'm sure there will be another sale, but you either got to join the club or troll the web page of the club for the latest.
    See the latest posting here for a "rate sheet" of the prices being offered. The next offering will most likely be at the same prices.

For others:
    Concerning the reselling of tix, Vermont and NH now specifically prohibit resale of this particular set of tix. Vouchers received through other venues may have different restrictions.. Consider yourself forewarned.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

p.s.,
    Regarding ACE, if you separarately submit your membership and ticket order at the same time (to separate addresses) you will be considered qualified to purchase, as the two committees will cross-check with each other.

Ah, I think that is why I didn't do ACE last year, because I missed the mail sale. Hard to think about joining a ski club and buying tickets in July! But that is exactly the point of why resorts offer the discounts, summer revenue. Sacrifice margin for some sure thing money in the bank.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Thread Information