Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 520
  1. #21
    I know a lot of people here were using the Rossignol search & win promo to get free ski gear. While Rossignol ended their promo contest Sessions and Ride Snowboards still have theirs.

    Here are the banner links to them:






    I got a lot of good free gear from Rossignol and am now working on getting some stuff from Ride.

  2. #22
    pepperdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in the flatlands
    Posts
    630
    ^ shill
    -Woof

  3. #23

    Video See Ski Films - get Elk Mountain Voucher

    Hey Skiers,

    I saw the Winter Go Play brochure here last year and used that at Sugarbush. Wanted to give something back to the group. If you are near Eastern Pa - Bethlehem is hosting a ski film festival called Stoketoberfest Oct 22-23 with 5 ski films from 4 film companies organized into 3 sessions of 2 films each. The Meatheads movie repeats. For $15 (online price) you get to watch 2 ski movies, copy of Powder Magazine and a free voucher to Elk Mountain. Plus chance for swag and raffle prizes. No brainer just based on the ticket voucher. Google Stoketoberfest to find the website.

    See you on the hill.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    Pays to shop around. The NH resorts concluded about a year ago that they were "giving tickets away" at rates they didn't need to. Or so they think.

    Another suggestion. Friend Liftopia on Facebook. I won a $10 coupon from them in a photo contest last week. Actually, a LOT of people won.
    Did Liftopia, become LiftTickets.com or something like that? I thought I had "friended" them last season on FB. Now I'm having trouble finding Liftopia on FB. I find, in my situation that discounts like those offered on-line are the way to go.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by twinplanx View Post
    Did Liftopia, become LiftTickets.com or something like that? I thought I had "friended" them last season on FB. Now I'm having trouble finding Liftopia on FB. I find, in my situation that discounts like those offered on-line are the way to go.
    http://www.facebook.com/liftopia

  6. #26
    Just picked up my Ride and Ski New England Card for the season.

    my first ticket/pass purchase for the upcoming year.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Just picked up my Ride and Ski New England Card for the season.

    my first ticket/pass purchase for the upcoming year.
    Cool. I didn't know they were already taking purchases. Their tour info is still from last year. Though their web page says they are adding Canadian areas (as well as some out west). Gotta get that passport card in, ASAP. Time to buy that R&S Card if it is available so that is done. My APR for MRG just showed up to so that is a Mad Card as well.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    Thank you, Kind Sir.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by twinplanx View Post
    Did Liftopia, become LiftTickets.com or something like that? I thought I had "friended" them last season on FB. Now I'm having trouble finding Liftopia on FB. I find, in my situation that discounts like those offered on-line are the way to go.
    Hey Twinplanx,

    Those guys have no affiliation with Liftopia, though they seem to be super aggressive on Facebook about trying to target our users. It will be interesting to see if they are able to get any deals on their site during their first season.

    On the other side of things, Liftopia is entering its 5th season and should have 150-200 resorts on our site with deals. Keep an eye out for lots of new things (launching in the next couple weeks), and we will be giving away massive quantities of schwag on Facebook, so we'll see you guys there!

    Looking forward to a great season, and as always, please let us know if you have any ideas as to how we can improve our site.

    Evmo

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Evmo View Post
    Hey Twinplanx,

    Those guys have no affiliation with Liftopia, though they seem to be super aggressive on Facebook about trying to target our users. It will be interesting to see if they are able to get any deals on their site during their first season.

    On the other side of things, Liftopia is entering its 5th season and should have 150-200 resorts on our site with deals. Keep an eye out for lots of new things (launching in the next couple weeks), and we will be giving away massive quantities of schwag on Facebook, so we'll see you guys there!

    Looking forward to a great season, and as always, please let us know if you have any ideas as to how we can improve our site.

    Evmo
    Hey Evmo,
    Would you please see if you can work a deal with Ullr? I'd gladly pay an extra 20-spot for a 12" powder day.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:17 AM.