• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm having a hard time envisioning what you're talking about...

A calendar of deals? Or a graph of discounts offered by region/resort?

It only answers some of the factors we use in selecting deals. I want to pick the best deal for my criteria. Here are examples some of the questions I want to answer:

"I'm taking off Friday. It's going to be a powder day. I'll travel 150 miles, but I'm poor. What kind of deals are at all the resorts in NH?"

"Who is having St. Patty's day special pricing?"

Anyone having skier appreciation days in December?

"I'm want to go Loon, my days are flexible. What kind of deals are available up in January?" Maybe I'll go in February if the deals are better.

abc

The first 3 can be handled relatively easily with a spread sheet:

1) Search critiria: NH + date, sort by price

2) Search by date (St Patty's), sort by distance, or re-sort by size

3) Search for specific deal type, sort by whatever you prefer and re-sort any way you like

Only the last question is looking for a trend/pattern which would probably requires some sort of database and a more sophisticated rendering tool.

(I have never tried any of such sites or features so I'm not sure what's already out there and what's missing...)

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
You mean you're giving them to customers, not using them yourself, right? huh? huh? 8)

The guy said I could use them myself, but I probably won't end up doing that. The free Thursdays sound pretty good to me and I usually only get to Bolton once or twice during the season, given that I can be at Sugarbush in five minutes and Mad River in twelve.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Killington 2fer

Our club received our drop-ship delivery of SNOW EAST magazine on Wednesday. Go to the Killington Ad, there is a barcode redeemable for:

good for one (1) 2 for 1 lift ticket valid opening day through 12.24.10. Both tickets must be used the same day.

Bill

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
You know, the Magic 3-pack is a great deal if you use the tickets on weekends and holidays. Since there is no blackout period, Magic is a great place to flee to during the holiday period. You ticket price is $40 during holidays. That's a pretty fine deal. Too bad I didn't think about that before I started buying vouchers with blackout dates!

So that leads me to ask, what other places can you get a day-ticket discount during the holiday period?

I found these:
Magic -3 pk
Cranmore -3
Bromley -3
MRG -3
Cannon - 10

Edit: actually, I found them all in NY, MA, NH, VT and ME
Include shawnee, butternut, wawa, gore, whiteface, bolton, sunapee and cannon. The last two have very high ticket count commitments.

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
cheap, cheap, cheap

A number of ski area plan to offer "specials at the Boston Ski and Board expo.
Among them, I have good info (Kathy Bennett thank you!) that Cranmore will be selling their 3-pack, no blackout dates for $99, regularly $149.

Also Shawnee and Attitash are hinting they will have discounts

I'll be there on Saturday.

tcharron

Jay Peak Charter Ski Bus Trip on the cheap

Just had this pop up in an add, looks like an awesome way to get to ski areas for a day trip.

http://www.nacski.com/ma/booking.aspx

Round trip bus ticket plus pass is about the same price as ticket window price for Jay Peak.

If anyone does sign up, use my email account id, MA86435684. Not pushing it, but there's a referral bonus for friends.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Sugarloaf – Nov 27-28

Sugarloaf – Nov 27-28 Tin Mountain round Up . Bring 3 cans or more to Base lodge $30 lift ticket for the day. To help local families in need.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Berkshire East - Deal or Business Combo?

Not sure this is a deal or a business combo, but it involves skiing/boarding, so it belongs here!

Everyone zips at the group rate: $65 Mountain Top Tour
$85 Valley Jumping Tour

AND

All Zippers receive a Free Berkshire East Ski Resort Lift Ticket:
Good anytime, valued at $55.

We will run our Mountain Top and Valley Jumping tours every Friday, Saturday and Sunday now through December 5th.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Zimmermans

I just got off the phone with Stefan. Zimmermans in Nashua will be selling $45 lift tickets this winter. They just want you to set foot in their shop. That's all I can say. :cool:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Wa-wa

If you have Fallon Health Care, pay attention.
There is some sort of incestuous relationship between Fallon and Wawa. Read differently, Fallon allows you to use some of their "credits" towards a significant chunk of a pass or some other purchase, somehow under the guise of "good health" ;)
I don't know any more about it than that.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ski Vermont - First timer program in January

FREE “First Timer” Package: January 3-9, 2011
Select Vermont alpine and Nordic resorts are enticing never-ever skiers and snowboarders to the slopes with a week-long offer that includes a beginner lift ticket or trail pass, a beginner lesson and rental equipment for FREE. Available to adults or children over eight years of age, this first-timer package gets you cruising the slopes and trails in no time. Pre registration is required to take advantage of this beginner program; registration begins on November 15th so come back then!
Introduce a Friend to Skiing and Snowboarding in January!
Participating Ski Vermont resorts are encouraging skiers and snowboarders who love their time on the slopes to bring a friend to Vermont – and introduce them to alpine skiing and snowboarding for FREE. Skiers or snowboarders who purchase a full day, full price adult lift ticket will receive a FREE beginner package for their buddy or family member! For participating resorts and more details, come back on November 15th.
Share the Love of Winter Promotion!
A number of Ski Vermont resorts are offering a ‘two for one’ beginner package promotion so you can learn to ski or snowboard with a friend whose always wanted to try a new winter sport too! Select Vermont alpine resorts will offer two adults the opportunity to learn to ski or snowboard for the price of one first timer package that includes a beginner lift ticket, group lesson and rental equipment. A list of participating resorts and more details will be available on November 15th so check back here then.

tmcc71

keep em coming Billski

As a certified cheapo, I love the deals you find. I couldn't ski the amount I do (120 days a season) without these finds.