• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Sliding on Black(out) Ice

Ever think about day skiing during the blackout periods? Ever figure you couldn't get a discount during this period? I've put together large amounts of data for Northern New England resorts/areas and am finding some interesting strategies.

Certain resorts offer pre-purchase of ticket blocks, quantity 3 to 10 depending on the resorts. All the areas below offer sales through early December, and the ticket vouchers are transferable (except for Cranmore). Each has a different quantity requirement.

Bolton Valley Bromley Butternut Cannon Cranmore Gore Mad River Magic Mountain Mount Sunapee Okemo Whiteface

Some interesting names on this list.
Now, all of these places is pretty much gonna be very busy, so if you're looking for a hide-away, it's not this list. But, if you gotta go there anyways, here's your sign!

So when people tell you you can't get a discount during holidays, show them this. I've got other revelations on this data mining exercise that I'll share with you later.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Anyone come across the Ski VT passes yet? I bought a couple last year, I believe they come in a 3 and 6 packs? Someone posted the form on here last year, was just wondering if it was up yet. I checked SkiVermont.com but didn't find anything.
Is there a link to this yet?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ski Haus Burlington, Mass.

I talked with one of the owners today. He said they will be offering discount tix again this year in both Salem NH and Burlington, VT. Realistically, tickets won't be available until January.

Rambo

BUY ONE GET ONE FREE AT KILLINGTON
(untill 12/24/10)

http://www.killington.com/winter/2for1/2for1-skimag

Looking for a great early season deal at Killington Resort? You’ve come to the right place. Just fill out the form below and hit submit and we will email you a voucher to Killington Resort good for one (1) 2 for 1 lift ticket valid opening day through 12.24.10. Both tickets must be used the same day. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount. One redemption per guest. No refunds and non-transferable.

copland007

Website
www.flyingchipmunk.com
(untill 12/24/10)

Looking for a great early season deal at Killington Resort? You’ve come to the right place. Just fill out the form below and hit submit and we will email you a voucher to Killington Resort good for one (1) 2 for 1 lift ticket valid opening day through 12.24.10. Both tickets must be used the same day. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount. One redemption per guest. No refunds and non-transferable.

Thanx! this one will get used this weekend :)

gmcunni

(untill 12/24/10)

Thanx! this one will get used this weekend :)

hoping to use mine this Thursday :daffy: