• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

jaytrem

Time to get started trolling. Clubs are beginning to offer bulk sales. Looking to compare deals as usual.

The Tahoe Card is aready on sale and the price goes up on August 1st. Comes with a few lift tickets...

http://www.snowbomb.com/

Also the Descente Passport jacket will be back again. Great deal, buy a jacket for about $220 and get 40 free lift tickets. I think I used 16 this past year, so that came to $13.75 a day. The jackets are actually very nice too.

hammer

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] Ski NH lift ticket packages go on sale August 3rd

While not the cheapest way to get a ticket, what is cool about these is the lack of any blackout dates.
[/FONT]
Minimum purchase of 6 this year...about the lowest I've ever seen.

Of course, one could go though the ACE ski club for similar prices on many of the NH areas and I believe no purchase minimums...

xtreme434

Don't know any lift ticket deals... But allsportprotection.com is offering a coupon right now if anyone is interested. The code is VBCDDA

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
North Conway Ski Tent Sale Aug 7-21

Not sure how good the deals are going to be, but since the resorts will all be in one place, it looks like a great place to hang for a few hours.

$5 off coupon here:
http://www.northconwayskitentsale.com/

Don't forget to bring your EICSL card for shopping, lodging and food discounts in the area. Make a weekend out of it!

Bkroon9175

I cut my purchase back this year on SKI NH passes. The value isn't the same as it was several years ago. With Liftopia and promos that the mountains conduct, a skier or rider can get better deals elsewhere

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I cut my purchase back this year on SKI NH passes. The value isn't the same as it was several years ago. With Liftopia and promos that the mountains conduct, a skier or rider can get better deals elsewhere

Pays to shop around. The NH resorts concluded about a year ago that they were "giving tickets away" at rates they didn't need to. Or so they think.

Another suggestion. Friend Liftopia on Facebook. I won a $10 coupon from them in a photo contest last week. Actually, a LOT of people won.

hammer

Pays to shop around. The NH resorts concluded about a year ago that they were "giving tickets away" at rates they didn't need to. Or so they think.

Another suggestion. Friend Liftopia on Facebook. I won a $10 coupon from them in a photo contest last week. Actually, a LOT of people won.

Unless they changed the system, I think the passes are part of the compensation that the SkiNH participants provide to the program.

When I first started skiing they were a great deal. Now...not much of a discount. I usually get them to get some kind of break during holiday weeks and weekends, but I'd rather go through Liftopia if I can.

WakeboardMom

We used to do well with them; we'd split the package among two or three families. That's still part of the attraction...the fact that they're totally transferrable...you can sell them on Craig's list or eBay.

We stopped dealing with them when the AllNewEngland pass became a better deal for our situation.

hammer

We used to do well with them; we'd split the package among two or three families. That's still part of the attraction...the fact that they're totally transferrable...you can sell them on Craig's list or eBay.

We stopped dealing with them when the AllNewEngland pass became a better deal for our situation.
Actually, legally you can't...

TRANSFERABILITY RESTRICTIONS: These vouchers are part of the Ski NH Anywhere, Anytime Pass, which is being sold to an individual or company. Public resale to other parties via any form of advertising (including online auction websites such as eBay or Craigslist), or transfer of vouchers on the property of any Ski NH resort is strictly prohibited and violation will result in revocation, without refunds, of all unused vouchers of this package, and may result in prosecution in accordance with New Hampshire Statues RSA 637:8 “Theft of Services.”
IIRC trying to re-sell tickets here on AZ got canned because of concerns about this type of problem.

WakeboardMom

Actually, legally you can't...

IIRC trying to re-sell tickets here on AZ got canned because of concerns about this type of problem.

Interesting. It seems to me that back in the day the only restrictions were that you couldn't sell them in the mountain's parking lot.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Club Members Ski at Burke VT $15 - Friday Jan 14, 2011

[FONT=&quot]Just got this from Burke Marketing:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I wanted to let you and your club know that this year’s ski club open house will be on Friday, January 14, 2011. We will offer $15 full day lift tickets to anyone who shows a valid ski club ID from ANY ski club (one ticket per valid ID). There will also be an après ski party starting at 2pm at the Tamarack Grill in the Sherburne Base Lodge. There will be food, prizes, etc. It was really fun last year and we had a big turn out."
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So... Join a club, any club (like ACE) .... We've been through this before, you'll save a lot of $$ eclipsing your membership fee!
[/FONT]

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Bill- Any word on what mountains and what discounts will be offered through Ace this season? I recall a few of the larger VT resorts held out until the very last second last year for ski clubs. Would be interested in joining but specifically interested in certain areas. Just wondering when you guys find out and if you find out what deals are offered before or after memberships are due?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Bill- Any word on what mountains and what discounts will be offered through Ace this season? I recall a few of the larger VT resorts held out until the very last second last year for ski clubs. Would be interested in joining but specifically interested in certain areas. Just wondering when you guys find out and if you find out what deals are offered before or after memberships are due?

We already had our "mail sale" in July. In general, most of the VT tix will have been scarfed up (whith a few less popular exceptions). I am not privy to the details of quanties remaining. However, terms of Ski NH allow for continued club sales without limits. Ski NH resorts jacked up their prices to clubs significantly 2 years ago. I'm sure there will be another sale, but you either got to join the club or troll the web page of the club for the latest.
See the latest posting here for a "rate sheet" of the prices being offered. The next offering will most likely be at the same prices.

For others:
Concerning the reselling of tix, Vermont and NH now specifically prohibit resale of this particular set of tix. Vouchers received through other venues may have different restrictions.. Consider yourself forewarned.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
p.s.,
Regarding ACE, if you separarately submit your membership and ticket order at the same time (to separate addresses) you will be considered qualified to purchase, as the two committees will cross-check with each other.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Ah, I think that is why I didn't do ACE last year, because I missed the mail sale. Hard to think about joining a ski club and buying tickets in July! But that is exactly the point of why resorts offer the discounts, summer revenue. Sacrifice margin for some sure thing money in the bank.