• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

the NBA is closer than you may think!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Is it zoning that has allowed Wilmington to maintain its charm? I mean, surbuban hell it's just south of it in Burlington/Woburn.

Puck it

Is it zoning that has allowed Wilmington to maintain its charm? I mean, surbuban hell it's just south of it in Burlington/Woburn.

It is a larger land space and set backs are ok(25'). No min for building lot though. I think it just the cocnservation land and the amount of area. The population has increased since we moved here in 93 too.

WakeboardMom

It is a larger land space and set backs are ok(25'). No min for building lot though. I think it just the cocnservation land and the amount of area. The population has increased since we moved here in 93 too.

When we moved to Tewksbury in the early 60's, there had been a huge building boom that was mostly due to one family (the Sullivan family). There were many neighborhoods that fit the stereotypical "and they're all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same." I don't remember seeing as much of that in Wilmington at that time.

(Even though there wasn't a lot of diversity in the homes themselves, my parents thought their quarter-acre lot was their own little piece of heaven. I give them a ton of credit for taking that initiative when everyone else in their family thought they were crazy for leaving the city.)

4aprice

When we moved to Tewksbury in the early 60's, there had been a huge building boom that was mostly due to one family (the Sullivan family). There were many neighborhoods that fit the stereotypical "and they're all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same." I don't remember seeing as much of that in Wilmington at that time.

(Even though there wasn't a lot of diversity in the homes themselves, my parents thought their quarter-acre lot was their own little piece of heaven. I give them a ton of credit for taking that initiative when everyone else in their family thought they were crazy for leaving the city.)

Almost sounds like "Another Pleasant Valley Sunday".

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ