New Car Possibilities - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    What's the monthly payment difference betwen the two? Is it worth it for whatever you get extra? If yes, get the 2011. If no, get the 2010.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

I love having a new car! I don't care about resale. I'll drive them into the ground anyway..

I save and pay cash for cars so it doesn't really matter.. I just want to be comfortable and safe..

Lifes too short to drive a crappy car...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    What's the monthly payment difference betwen the two? Is it worth it for whatever you get extra? If yes, get the 2011. If no, get the 2010.
    This is the kind of sage, insightful advice we get from AZ's brightest financial mind?

There really is no free lunch.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    This is the kind of sage, insightful advice we get from AZ's brightest financial mind?

There really is no free lunch.
    Doesn't say much for the financial minds at AZ, does it?
    I could throw out terms like cost/benefit analysis, marginal utility, etc etc, but in the end, the question is still "Are nice rims worth $50 a month to you?"
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    I could throw out terms like cost/benefit analysis, marginal utility, etc etc, but in the end, the question is still "Are nice rims worth $50 a month to you?"
    What he said...YES!

With the exception of Warp Daddy, I don't think there was any risk an outsider would confuse us with the Wall Street Journal, no.

Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    With the exception of Warp Daddy, I don't think there was any risk an outsider would confuse us with the Wall Street Journal, no.
    National Inquirer, perhaps...

Bat Boy Lives!
    -Aristotle

Get the red one.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Get the red one.
    Now, that's advice you can use!

http://www.volvocars.com/intl/top/ab...spx?itemid=113

Saw a red one of these a couple months ago. Snazzy. Real snazzy.
    -Aristotle

So you want to get an Edward Cullen car...

Really, these look like a nice ride.

Regarding your choice, I'd go with the 2011 car. Volvos tend to have high depreciation so if you do decide to trade it in at some point, the extra model year will make a difference. In addition, you have one model year of bugs that have hopefully been worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Lifes too short to drive a crappy car..
    +1...as much as I liked not having car payments it's nice to have a new car again.

Thread Information