New Car Possibilities - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    I have an "American" car now and I think it's crap. Out of the 15 or so Ford Escapes my company bought in 2008, at least 8 of them have needed over $1K in service after 60K miles. Why would I consider buying another??
    Because if we all continue buying pieces of crap without regard for quality or value, surely that will provide the necessary motivation for manufacturers to make higher quality cars.

Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    I have an "American" car now and I think it's crap. Out of the 15 or so Ford Escapes my company bought in 2008, at least 8 of them have needed over $1K in service after 60K miles. Why would I consider buying another??
    I bought a Honda and needed new tires and Brakes after 20k miles. That was about 1k in expenses. I think people are critical of American car companies and less critical of foreign car companies. Just saying I understand where you are coming from but at some point we should start looking in our back yards and try to keep some money in the US. Most of us here are white collar workers. The home offices for the American companies are here and they employed a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by tjf67 View Post
    I bought a Honda and needed new tires and Brakes after 20k miles. That was about 1k in expenses. I think people are critical of American car companies and less critical of foreign car companies. Just saying I understand where you are coming from but at some point we should start looking in our back yards and try to keep some money in the US. Most of us here are white collar workers. The home offices for the American companies are here and they employed a lot of people.
    If that was a Subaru your brakes would've been covered under warranty, AND your tires would've been pro-rated......put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
    If interested in a Volvo. Contact Frank Katen (Used Car Mgr) at Stillman Volvo in West Chester Pa. He is one of the few straight-forward honest people in the car business. Yeah, I said all that in one sentence.
    Spoke like a guy who couldn't hack it in the car biz.....

Quote Originally Posted by campgottagopee View Post
    If that was a Subaru your brakes would've been covered under warranty, AND your tires would've been pro-rated......put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I have better stuff for my pipe.

I have better stuff for my pipe.
    Was hoping, for your sake, that you did.....

I bought a Honda and needed new tires and Brakes after 20k miles.
    If you smoked the brakes and the tires at 20K miles, you were flogging the hell out of the car. Remind me to never buy a used car from you.

The original brake pads on Honda/Acura's are shit. Mine were shot when I traded the Acura in at 26k and know someone else who thru them pretty quick. And by no means did I beat on the car.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    The original brake pads on Honda/Acura's are shit. Mine were shot when I traded the Acura in at 26k and know someone else who thru them pretty quick. And by no means did I beat on the car.
    And I'm sure you blew through the tires at 20K too. I get 20K out of Blizzaks. Those rock hard stock tires on a Jap econobox last for centuries.

I don't care how soft your brake pads are. If you're chewing through them in 20K miles, you probably either suck as a driver or are using your car as a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    And I'm sure you blew through the tires at 20K too. I get 20K out of Blizzaks. Those rock hard stock tires on a Jap econobox last for centuries.

I don't care how soft your brake pads are. If you're chewing through them in 20K miles, you probably either suck as a driver or are using your car as a toy.
    Tires lasted fine, just the rear brakes
    http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010...da-brake-suit/
    I guess I just suck as a driver.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Thread Information