• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Connecticut Cracks Down on Drunken Boating

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll explain, but I think you know what I mean.....what I mean is that common sense is GONE therefore we need "laws" to make we humans "behave". Sounds like the days of having a few beers on your boat with some pals is long gone. Haveing a few beers doing whatever is long gone........not talking about smashed drunk, but the social aspect of things....."fun stuff". Too many people have gone over the edge and have ruined it for many people. You have to remeber I'm from the era when the cops would follow you home to make sure you got home okay, and NOT to bust you. Not the cops fault, just change......fun is out of the dictionary.

I rember during the 80s being a 9 year old kid in the back of my teenage brothers car and cops doing this when they smelled alchohol on him. So, two offenses; boarderline drunk driving AND underage drinking. They'd take his booze and follow him home.

Plenty of old ski bum friends in VT who reminisce about the good ole days and the cops up there doing the same thing. Now every one of them has gotten a DUI at some point.

I agree with you, though without getting too political; I think it's more about generating revenue for municipalities than removing fun.

campgottagopee

I rember during the 80s being a 9 year old kid in the back of my teenage brothers car and cops doing this when they smelled alchohol on him. So, two offenses; boarderline drunk driving AND underage drinking. They'd take his booze and follow him home.

Plenty of old ski bum friends in VT who reminisce about the good ole days and the cops up there doing the same thing. Now every one of them has gotten a DUI at some point.

I agree with you, though without getting too political; I think it's more about generating revenue for municipalities than removing fun.

Oh, totally agree about the $$$$ thing...again, nobody's fault, but the result is "fun" is gone.

Not only did they take the booze but I'll betcha they drank it too......ahhhhh, the good old days.

Glenn

Common sense was thrown out of the window awhile back. Now a days...instead of coming up with a compromise, people just make a lot of noise, get the politicians fired up and the next thing you know, we have another law "regulating" how we do something. It's stupid.

ctenidae

Got ya beat with 8 on mine:razz: The captain is always on board too. The on-board head is small but very handy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

My boat is only 17 feet long. Plus I've got a 12v mini-keg cooler.

I like your style, though.