• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Route Suggestions

pmowen

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I've done some regular backpacking in my younger years and about 2 trips a year since then. Since moving to MA I've done alot less simply because of time constraints and being away from friends I used to go with. I've decided I'd like to take my girlfriend on her first overnight. We've done some day trips and she's really enjoyed it. I'd like to take her on a 1 or 2 night trip with not too much elevation change. It would be nice if we could sleep somewhere near a place to swim and have a hike with nice views. I live in Boston, and am willing to drive 4 or 5 hours from here. Does anyone have a suggestion for a route?

skibum9995

I'd suggest something involving Stratton Pond in So VT. The GMC has a nice shelter at the pond, and there are also tent sites if thats what you're looking for. I don't have my maps with me at the moment so I'm not sure on the details, but it seems to fit your needs.