New Bike Build - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: New Bike Build

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Couple updated pics
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    After I took the pic I did put the brake calipers on.
    Looking good! You gonna be able to ride it before the snow flies??
    Brian

Looks sweet, love the brown and black color scheme. Will it be done for your next ride?

Best tool to cut a steerer tube, IMO opinion anyway, is a pipe / tubing cutter. I have one large enough if you want to borrow it.

Hopefully it'll be ready for a ride for next week, just ordered some more spacers for the headset. Tim, i'll take you up on the offer on the tube cutter if you can remember it next time we ride. Most of the stuff left is what i'm thinking is going to be the PITA stuff(rear derailleur, running cables, adjusting derailleurs and brakes). I guess i need to start reading my Zinn mtb book!
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

I will throw that tube cutter in my back pack so I'm sure I have it next time we ride. Cables can be a pain the first time. A good sharp pair or cutters are your best friend for cutting housing and cables. You need to make quick clean cuts or the cables may fray at the ends.

Btw - Bb7s are a snap to setup.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Hopefully it'll be ready for a ride for next week, just ordered some more spacers for the headset.
    That may take a while. Pretty sure all the online vendors are out of stock

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    The stack is only little higher than my old ride and I wanted to see how it would fit/ride before I cut the stearer tube too short. BTW that would be a 110mm stem same as on my old bike.
    If you want to play with the stem height before cutting the steerer tube you can always put spacers between the top of the stem and the cap. You can also always buy a new stem with a different rise, of course.

Back in the day of threaded fork tubes and head sets, you had to buy the fork tube the right length unless you had a pipe threader. That was kinda stressful. Although you could adjust the stem height without touching the tension on the headset, which was nice. Unfortunately the old quill stems weighed about ten pounds.

Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Swapped out the 36 tooth front chain ring for a 32 (had to pull the cranks). Also put on the brake levers, shifters and lock on grips.

What are you guys using to hold the brake cable housing to the loops on the frames, zip ties? I need to pick up some brake cable and housings for the shifter cables this week.
    2009/2010 - 28

2008/09 - 33

Zip ties work for just about anything...

Jeff....you done with this build yet???
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Jeff....you done with this build yet???
    No!
    2009/2010 - 28

2008/09 - 33

Thread Information