I love Bagels.. - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I love Bagels..

I'm not a huge fan of bagels. Sometimes an everything bagel with lox is great, but I never crave them. A really good bagel is a wonderful thing, to be sure, but a mediocre or worse a bad bagel is so bad, that, net net, I just don't eat them. I'd rather miss out on a great bagel than suffer through a crappy one.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of bagels. Sometimes an everything bagel with lox is great, but I never crave them. A really good bagel is a wonderful thing, to be sure, but a mediocre or worse a bad bagel is so bad, that, net net, I just don't eat them. I'd rather miss out on a great bagel than suffer through a crappy one.
    Your avatar looks like it could handle a bagel pretty easily.

I eat frozen Lenders Bagels. Is that what you all mean by good bagels? Just kidding, though I do actually eat them from time to time.

my 5yr old is having a great NY bagel with CC as we speak....i
    updownupdownupdownupdown

Just moved from Augusta which has EASILY the best bagel place I have ever been to. I love bagels with every ounce of my being. They have a whole grain everything....holy crap. The key to the everything bagel, use a little bit of the pretzel salt they use on salt bagels. So good. Luckily the lady still works up there and is going to bring some back for me every now and then

I live in bagel hell. At least in the winter, I occasionally have New Yorkers run a few up for me.

I actually like Montreal bagels better than the NYC ones. They're smaller so they have more texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I actually like Montreal bagels better than the NYC ones.
    They're smaller so they have more texture.
    Like the girls...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

I miss bagels aready out here in Nevada..hell I miss good bread in general. I can't even get any rye. Everything is damn "sourdough".
    Click. Point. Chute.
    Days 12-13: 86
    Days 11-12: 58 ...and done.
    Days 10-11: 66
    Days 07-10: 44 (average)

Quote Originally Posted by Philpug View Post
    I miss bagels already out here in Nevada..hell I miss good bread in general. I can't even get any rye. Everything is damn "sourdough".
    When I lived in CA the only good bread was sourdough...none of the "sweet" breads were all that great. Just the opposite back here in New England...sourdough is OK but nowhere near as good. Must be the drier climate or something in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    Stop being a Debbie Downer.

Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Thread Information