• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Franconia Notch area inn suggestions for couple

Joshua B

My wife and I would like to get up to the area in late September 2010 and visit the Cannon tramway, Lost River, and the Flume Gorge. Also, it will be our wedding anniversary weekend. Any suggestions on places to stay with value and cleanliness being the top 2 considerations? I could spend up to about $160/night but less would be better. Thank you!

Joshua B

Yowsers! It looks like it's at least $350 per night! Way, way more than I'm looking for but thank you for the thought. :)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
We didn't pay that much... about $100/night. Must be because it's leaf peeper season when you'd be going... Which means you'll also have a hard time finding anywhere reasonable. Indian Head resort is right at the start of the notch and has a lot of amenities, but their prices are surely jacked up at that time of year.

Rikka

Parker's Motel just north of Indian head offers an excellent value year round.

Rick

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
A little further north than your planned on attractions, but I once stayed at a really cool place in Whitefield called the Dunroamin' Inn. It has since been sold and renamed Barron Brook Inn. The place had been completely renovated from scratch by the previous ownership about 6-7 years ago or so and was a pretty damn cool inn (at least for my tastes).

I stayed in one of the ultra small double rooms with shared bath but the inn keeper gave me a full tour of the place showing me all the unoccupied rooms. The larger rooms of course have their own baths as well as personal spas in some of them. Rates were very good for the type of place back then but I don't know what the current rates are.

That would be a bit of a drive back down to the Notch, though. 30+ minutes from the inn to the top of the notch. But I bet you'll find better rates north of the notch for similar quality accommodations during leaf peeping season. Reviews on Google look really good for the current ownership. Not much up there though unlike Woodstock/Lincoln which will be busier and offer more dining choices.

Joshua B

Thanks for the good advice. Steve, I went with the Barron Brook Inn.

severine, I was confusing the Vermont inn of the same name so that's where I saw that crazy price. :) I called them tonight too but couldn't get exactly what I wanted due to that type of room needing a two night reservation. (Decided to stay in Amherst, MA for one night and NH the other.)