• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whatcha got left?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
So how much vacation / time off will you be bringing into the upcoming season :fangun:

I have 8 vacation days and 2 floating holidays left. I also have 7 sick days that expire on 9/30. I ran into the same "problem" last year by not using enough of my sick time during the ski season. I need to plan better, but then again, we did close twice because of snow last season.

WJenness

We've got 'Earned Time'... It's all the same (vacation/sick/personal).. just one bank.

I've got about 68 hours in my bank right now and it continues to accumulate.

I'm not planning on taking any time off between now and when the snow flies.

Also, as a bonus... I get an extra week / year starting in Feb. (Can't believe I've been at this job a year and a half already).

-w

wa-loaf

Got a bunch, prob close to 3 weeks and another weeks worth of personal days. I can bring 1 week into next year.

mondeo

5 days or so. And it's a contract year, so after Thanksgiving I'm rolling the dice with losing them.

tarponhead

4-5 days. But between now and 14-Dec probably can't use any of them.

Do have 4 days up at Lake Placid between Christmas and New Years. looking forward to WF and doing New Years eve up in LP :grin:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I should go into winter with about 10 days earned. I get three weeks vaca a year and typically take one week long summer vacation and spread the other 10 out around the ski season.

BackLoafRiver

I just switched jobs and gave up 115 sick days and am now down to 17. :oops: Fail. Luckily I get 4 personal days on top of that.

NYDrew

19 "days off" my company doesn't differentiate sick and vacation. I also work nights and have a mountain between work and home.

gmcunni

got 11 days left, expiring 12/31. i can carry over 5 (i think).

planning on taking days off between Christmas and new years for skiing in NH

dmc

Negotiated 3 weeks vacation on my job... Took one week..

Taking a week for Vegas in Oct then probably XMas week...

Next year going to blow 2 weeks on Kashmir/Nepal... stoked...

Glenn

I think I've got about 20+ days right now. I need to take some long weekends.

jaywbigred

Technically, ∞ days left. My firm does not count vacation days. You can take as many as you want, as long as you stay "professional" (with the exception of a moratorium from Thanksgiving until the weekend after New Years). This means getting your work done in a timely fashion and letting your co-workers know when you will be out of the office. It's a double edged sword. Its a nice perk, but you also have to constantly worry if you are taking too much and on the wrong side of "the line." My fiancée gets 3 weeks plus 3 sick days and 2 personal days. Between her trip to the Cape wither her parents without me, and my half days for golf, and the rest of our vacations taken together, we probably take the same.

Still, the office full well knows that during the winter is when I take my vacation, so they expect me to be out a bit during ski season. I am probably just planning on taking a plethora of long weekend at Mt. Snow this year, after 4 trips out west last year.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
5 days left. Plus my 5 that I've been carrying over for the last several years. I'll probably continue to do that though. Save em for when I really need em, if ever.

SKIQUATTRO

my biz partner and i have a pretty open/lax vacation policy...take what you need and when you need, as long as there 1 of us in the office.......