• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington is going to open before Sunday River this season.

Greg

Staff member
downhill04. Where's he been? Hope he's healthy this season....

speden

When I read this part:

"Remember last season when we saw significantly colder temperatures in mid-October, fired up the snowmaking system and buried the upper slopes with deep snow? Then the temperatures moderated into November and we struggled to cover Lower Bunny Buster to get skiers/riders back to the base of the K-1 Gondola."

It reminded me of the old saying about how generals always prepare to fight the previous war, rather than the next one. So in this season once the walkway is in place, we'll probably go straight from moderate temperatures into top to bottom skiing with a buried walkway. :) Perhaps the new battlefront is in huge gladed areas.

Puck it

There will be removable section for the headwalls and Catwalk. Heavenly Traverse will not be skiable.

Highway Star

There will be removable section for the headwalls and Catwalk. Heavenly Traverse will not be skiable.

What is the official source on this?

Heavenly traverse gets so much snow it should be skiable no problem.

bvibert

Staff member
They posted one picture of the walkway construction on Facebook today.

60585_442180214400_34949209400_5031355_5945593_n.jpg

Geoff

The bummer about this is that they're going to rope off access to the Catwalk ladies tee. I probably skied 20 of those for every time I walked up the steel stairs to do the rock garden at the top.

drjeff

The bummer about this is that they're going to rope off access to the Catwalk ladies tee. I probably skied 20 of those for every time I walked up the steel stairs to do the rock garden at the top.

Just think of it this way now with respect to Catwalk and the lack of a ladies tee entrance. With the extra calories you'll burn climbing those metal stairs, thats the perfect excuse for an extra beer or two during happy hour! :) :beer: